Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Walking Tours
- Historical Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Sporting Events
- Multi-day Cruises
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Kayaking Tours
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Ports of Call Tours
- Special Offers
- Air, Helicopter & Balloon Tours
- Likely to Sell Out
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Ninh Binh Province
What travelers are saying
- It was amazing trip in ninh binh. The scenery is so beautiful that no words can describe it. You will be sitting on a small boat to visit the cave and the surrounding scenery. This is one of my best experiences.Written July 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was great and I will never forget. Nice place outside of crowded cities. Definitely come back one day. Worth to climb up to the mountainWritten August 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I understand why people name it Halong Bay territory. Impressing site. The boat take 90min so a bit long as it is not super comfortable if tou have long legs and back issue.Written June 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The pagoda is an easy walk from the centre of Ninh Binh, up some steep stairs. Enter over a small bridge through a nice gate, then proceed to the first 2 temples ; the third one is tucked behind the second. A pleasant walk and sightseeing after a day exploring the fields and waterways.Written May 18, 2022
- Definitely one of our highlights of the trip. I visited this place with my husband and during our visit to Van Long Nature Reserve we got to see beautiful reflections in the waters and the prettiest water lilies. Definitely a must for lovers of flowers :)Written August 26, 2020
- The Cave of Prehistoric Man was incredible and a lot bigger than I was expecting, don't forget to bring a torch! There was also a nice trek to the oldest tree which was nice.Written December 10, 2019
- We were very pleasantly surprised by this place. It is very quiet and isolated from the road noise (which is kind of rare in Vietnam). Not a lot of tourists go there, so that was a big plus for us. And the view is awesome, same for the landscaping.
Bonus: there's a chance you see moutain goats minding their own business if you look around!Written December 2, 2019
- I have experience 20 km trek to Nui Chua National Park in Ninh Thuan in 6 Nov. This is the beginning of rain season in this place so the weather is good, but I have challenge another thing is a very strong wind. All the trip is good, nice place to trek and challenge yourselfWritten November 13, 2020
- As a fairly small nondescript town in Vietnam you wouldn't expect Phat Diem to have such an impressive cathedral. It was both the size and style that kept me wandering the grounds for about 1 hour. While I was there it is peaceful. Overall I would say it has been maintained well with only a few areas needing repair and no rubbish.Written December 21, 2020
- Tam Coc was recommended by the hotel concierge when our trip to Halong and CatBa got cancelled due to the virus. So it was a last-minute plan with little expectation.
Easily accessible by bus from Hanoi (~USD10pp) it took 2 hours to reach the homestay we booked for 2 nights. As mentioned by many other tourists, Tam Coc is lovely with lots of nature and very picturesque with the limestone karsts all around. It really is like Halong on land!
Rented a motorbike and rode around the little town and also to visit the other attractions in the area (Trang An). We would advise you to explore the bike rental shops and not from the hotel/homestay where they charge a markup.
There are many restaurants along the 'main street' and the food is mediocre at best. Don't believe the ratings! Luckily there are also many convenience stores where you can get sodas and chips for snacks.
Overall, worth an overnight trip if you have the time.
p/s Get your Hanoi hotel to book the return leg. The homestay quoted twice as much as what we paid the driver (Nin Binh excursion)Written April 14, 2020
- It was a nice place to visit. Should read before came here or you can ask for a narrator. Rich history and beautiful architecture.
But beware of the motorbike ride offer outside the entrance. The narrator said that there are 2 main place Dinh temple and Le temple. But the locals ride you to about 10 places. They said 10000 VND each motor, however, it turned out a lie. At each destination, you pay them 10000 VND. After the trip is over, you may think it 100000 VND in total. The answer is no. You pay them 110000 VND (10000 VND at the beginning) or more depend on they take picture of you or not.Written January 15, 2021
- An informative visit. The explanation boards were good and there was ample opportunity to take photos.Written January 15, 2020
- This temple is about half a kilometre away from Bich Dong Pagoda. It was quiet and receives less visitors so is a good place for some quiet contemplation. There are some caves behind the temple which we did not have time to explore. Entrance is free.Written October 11, 2018
- This is certainly an impressive place. We visited it along with the Trang An boat tour, which made it into a perfect day.
All the explanation signs are only in Vietnamese, and staff (including in the ones at the tourists' booth) don't speak a word of English. This is weird given that this is a tourist attraction.
They offer you to buy one way or return cart tickets, without providing any explanation. We bought return tickets and used only one way. One way takes you to the main entrance, from there you walk through this large and impressive complex (signs are clear) and when you get the the end (stupa and Buddha statue), it is a short walk to the exit/parking lot.
Michael and Nurit
Israel/CanadaWritten February 27, 2020
- Worth to walk or cycle to this temple if you are in the area. The temple is nice to visit and free of charge. The countryside around it is fantastic, gorgerous and quiet.You don't need too much time to visit the temple but you need a while to reach it if you decide to walk.Written January 21, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Ninh Binh Province
- The best day trips from Ninh Binh Province according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Ninh Binh Full-Day Tour from Hanoi to Hoa Lu, Tam Coc & Mua Cave Via Boat & Bike
- Full-Day Ninh Binh Highlights Tour from Hanoi
- Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Day Trip from Hanoi
- 1 Day Luxury Tour in Bai Dinh, Trang An and Mua Cave
- Ninh Binh- Bai Dinh -Trang An -Mua Cave Full Day Trip from Hanoi - Limousine Bus