- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
47 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 47
What travelers are saying
- This is a beautiful and historic city and one of the main attractions on our river cruise. The lovely views across the river to the row of buildings is the photo opportunity and a fitting introduction to the city.
No wonder this is a World heritage site. The city is a delight to walk through, with so much to offer. The buskers on the market square provided a great background and mood to this memorable visit.Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- No wonder this unique building features on so many of the posters for this lovely city. It has to be seen, and it's history explained by a local guide to be fully appreciated.
I wish my town hall looked like this.Written September 28, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A fantastic Cathedral, just a short uphill walk and well worth the effort. Free entrance and once inside this lovely old Cathedral you get an overwhelming sense of peace and tranquility. A real must visit place.Written September 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice castle a spectacular view off historic Bamberg the climb to the castle can be made by car bike or on foot. The biergarten is nice good local meer an proper german food.Written May 26, 2022
- Pretty houses by the river in Bamberg.
Not very visible from many points so hard to see it all.
Not as great as Strasbourg etc therefore only 4 stars.Written March 22, 2022
- Sharing the hill with the cathedral and the historical museum, the Neue Residenz is flat-out opulent Baroque. Most famous for its banquet hall incorporating portraits of all 12 Roman emperors, it features room after room of ceilings elaborately plastered and brightly painted. Why choose one form of display when you can have both? Princely families occupied this palace until the early 20th Century. In what were the private apartments, the last generation of occupants replaced some of the ostentation with elegant Biedermeier touches, including a delicately inlaid cradle. The adjacent rose garden provides fine views of the city.Written June 29, 2022
- This is an under-rated baroque church in the centre of Bamberg's shopping district. It is worth stopping by, looking at the beautiful facade and interior.Written June 26, 2022
- This church is beautiful! I wasn't expecting this beauty. Very quiet place for worship. Very old as wellWritten June 26, 2020
- A visit to this church is essential on a trip to Bamberg. The interior is spectacular and the view from the front is great.Written May 8, 2019
- As with all art pieces, this sculpture is designed to make the viewer ponder it's significance. It may not appeal to everyone however it is an interesting piece to view, photograph and wonder about.Written January 12, 2019
- This beatutiful house is on the bank of the river opposite the Altes Rathaus. It is an excellent shade of blue and the trim looks like lace. Makes for great photos.Written November 8, 2019
- This statue is located in a plaza area that has lots of student traffic, a few shops and a cafe. It is a cool looking piece of art, tho I can' t recommend looking for it if you only have a short time in the city.Written September 29, 2018
- Our guide explained to us that this canal was suspected of being used to transport goods between the Main and the Danube river in World War II. According to his testament, it never was used to transport any war materials. Nevertheless, it was damaged during the war, and to prevent further bombing, the Germans filled it in. It wasn't until the 50's that the canal was resurrected to a usable state again.Written May 11, 2019
- Earlier it was a catholic church, now reformed (protestant), which means almost "naked". However wonderful, peaceful, with a beautiful organ.Written April 1, 2020
- This is another of the seven churches atop the seven hills of Bamberg. Something significant was about to happen as many very well dressed people were arriving. I took a quick look inside but since I was dressed in my walking clothes I needed clear out. What I saw was enough to place this location high on my priority list for my next visit.Written March 11, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Bamberg
- These are the most romantic places for sights & landmarks in Bamberg:See more romantic sights & landmarks in Bamberg on Tripadvisor