- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
36 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travelers are saying
- A very nice beach that feels like it's the heart of Frankfort. The views are spectacular , especially when storming or 🌇. The sand is pristine and one of my favorite things is the plethora of benches. Normally your lucky for 4 or 5. It feels like there's 80+ here. Watching the large waves crash into the pier creating giant splashes is an awesome sight. The lighthouse at the end of the pier is very nice, nothing spectacular, but a classic none the less. There always seems to be people surfing and sailboarding. Plus people playing with kites.
Overall an easy 5 star review! Would I return? You betcha!Written October 24, 2021
- This is where the Plaate river ends. Right at lake Michigan. It has beautiful and clear waters. It's worth wading and playing in. The kids enjoyed it after rafting down the Plaate. A great reward for all the hard work.Written August 12, 2021
- We did the entire 44 mile ride. We did not pass another bike on the path between Beulah and Thompsonville. Which is sad because there were a lot of pretty views along the way. This section of the trail is unpacked gravel. Between Beulah and Frankfort there was a lot of foot and bike traffic. Half of the trail is along Crystal Lake, which is gorgeous. Once you cross M-115, the trail is asphalt and smooth. You then parallel Betsie River until you get to Betsie Lake. Lots to see along this part of trail too. Easy riding the entire way.Written July 16, 2022
- This is a worthwhile Hike. Hike wanders by three or four lakes, as well as the Platte River. It is listed at 3.2 miles and took us 1 3/4 hours.Written May 8, 2019
- This beach is an interesting contrast to the neighboring Frankfort Beach. Arriving mid-morning on an August Wedesday, we found very few people on the beach, which stretches for a long ways. There is lots of sand and water space. More people eventually came, but there was still plenty of space. There were small waves and the water wasn't particularly shallow, but our chidren ages 4 to 8 had a great time for many hours. The sand seemed slightly coarser than at Frankfort. Walking out on the pier provided great views of both beaches, boats coming and going on the Betsie River, water splashing on the rocks, and many fish.Written August 5, 2021
- Took my two teenage kids here for a ski weekend and this our 4th time at Chrystal Mountain. Stayed on the first floor of the Hamlet room 142 and loved our room! Now it was next to a staff office so be prepared to hear noise early but aside from that no complaints!Written February 18, 2020
- We rented tubes at the Honor Trading Post of the 1 1/2 hour float of the Platte River with our two teens (14/16). The staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. They made a very busy day in the area, due to the beautiful weather, organized and easy. Would recommend to anyone.Written August 3, 2022
- Captain John was great to work with. He kindly rescheduled our two sails to the next day when weather didn’t cooperate. The sailboat is magnificent and comfortable to sit and enjoy the sights. John was super friendly and knowledgeable about the area. He took great photos for us and even let them tour below deck. Our sail was exciting and just stunning views! We all gave it a big thumbs up 👍Written July 31, 2022
- The staff was great, knowledgable and overall efficient for all the steps needed (watch the video, park your car and get a shuttle back, etc). We were there from about 1:30 pm- 5 pm on a Saturday. What they didn't warn us is that there would be a PARTY with crude people stopped all over the river drinking beer and smoking pot.Yes it was a PLATTE river party with all kinds of tubes tying up most of the river just sitting there. Seriously no etiquette, everyone in a stupor even the kids had to be high with all that skunky smell. So we still had a good time and just joked with them as we maneuvered around them all. But honestly I will need to go early in the week or early in the morning when the potheads are asleep. This was my 4th time but this time was a bit disappointing. The river was slow and we were warned about that so but didn't think to rent a tube to be pulled by the 8-man raft so the kids could have more fun. The feel of the place was very different this time. THe experience with the park ranger pulling over my older son while we were parking our two vehicles was just classic for our times this past 4 years. Sad. We saw him doing the same to similar people. Maybe he was bored. He should have been on the Plaate river in a canoe pulling over the people causing havoc instead. So the river is great, Riverside canoe is great but the quality of their product is definitely sub par due to riff raff on the river, with their own watercraft so not Riverside fault but they should warn people. It is definitely not like it used to be. I will need to look for a more welcoming and family-friendly environment. Or plan on an off-day or off-time.Written August 12, 2021
- Awesome experience high recommend. Captain Andy and 1st Mate Matt know their business. Looking forward to August 2022 when we do it again.Written June 9, 2022
- This is a great river to tube down. It was relaxing and great weather. We brought our own tubes and got a ride to the river. Next time I would bring a paddle for the areas that dont have a current running. We went early and it wasnt crowded. We did the 2 hour trip.Written October 2, 2019
- Doug and Dennis helped me and my daughter conquer our fear of horseback riding. Even better we really enjoyed the experience. The trail was beautiful. We saw butterflies and cranes, rode through forest and fields. Can’t wait to go again.Written August 9, 2022
- Great trip with Captain Eric and First Mate Mike. They were on point and we stroked fish! Well prepared, great selection and display. Fish in the box, ChromeWritten August 26, 2020
- Our family had an excellent adventure with Captain Dan on Crystal Lake. Dan took care of baiting and taking all the fish off the hooks and gave us great instruction. We had him clean all the fish afterwards which was worth every extra penny! We will definitely be contacting him on our next trip. Thanks, Captain Dan, for a great day!Written June 23, 2022
- We fished with Dave and Kyle on August 17th and 19th ,2018. The guys both worked very hard to get us on the fish. We enjoyed the trip very much and will go with the guys again.Written August 27, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Benzie County