Kayaking & Canoeing
- Traveler favoritesTours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
21 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- The staff was great, knowledgable and overall efficient for all the steps needed (watch the video, park your car and get a shuttle back, etc). We were there from about 1:30 pm- 5 pm on a Saturday. What they didn't warn us is that there would be a PARTY with crude people stopped all over the river drinking beer and smoking pot.Yes it was a PLATTE river party with all kinds of tubes tying up most of the river just sitting there. Seriously no etiquette, everyone in a stupor even the kids had to be high with all that skunky smell. So we still had a good time and just joked with them as we maneuvered around them all. But honestly I will need to go early in the week or early in the morning when the potheads are asleep. This was my 4th time but this time was a bit disappointing. The river was slow and we were warned about that so but didn't think to rent a tube to be pulled by the 8-man raft so the kids could have more fun. The feel of the place was very different this time. THe experience with the park ranger pulling over my older son while we were parking our two vehicles was just classic for our times this past 4 years. Sad. We saw him doing the same to similar people. Maybe he was bored. He should have been on the Plaate river in a canoe pulling over the people causing havoc instead. So the river is great, Riverside canoe is great but the quality of their product is definitely sub par due to riff raff on the river, with their own watercraft so not Riverside fault but they should warn people. It is definitely not like it used to be. I will need to look for a more welcoming and family-friendly environment. Or plan on an off-day or off-time.Written August 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We were lucky enough to enjoy a mild early September day on Captain John's beautiful boat, which he built himself! He was kind, friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. A fun and unique experience if you're staying in Frankfort!Written September 27, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Best part of this trip was all the fish we caught! Don't underestimate this young crew. Handled the boat , the gear and themselves as seasoned professionals. Put us on the fish and had the know how to help us bring em in. Future is bright for these two. I think they had a good teacher.Written September 8, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great trip with Captain Eric and First Mate Mike. They were on point and we stroked fish! Well prepared, great selection and display. Fish in the box, ChromeWritten August 26, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We fished with Dave and Kyle on August 17th and 19th ,2018. The guys both worked very hard to get us on the fish. We enjoyed the trip very much and will go with the guys again.Written August 27, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Great trail access and excellent sleds at Crystal Adventures. We enjoyed a morning ride through the woods, over streams with plenty of wide open space to rip it up! Reasonable pricing and knowledgeable/friendly staff. Make your reservations early! Weekends get booked!Written February 8, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Captain dans the man with a great personality and great knowledge of the sport. He definitely went above and beyond to make sure everybody was safe and had a fun time making great memories on the stormy chinhook. It was my first time charter lake trout and salmon fishing and now I’m glad I was able to book Dan cause now he has my whole family hooked and wants to try to go again if we get time.Written May 29, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent excellent service. Very friendly, wonderful kayaks, cheaper prices. It is in Honor and you sign up in their shop and pay there. You wait for the shuttle which you then follow down to Platte Point beach to park. (I think it leaves on the hour) You have to either have or pay for the Sleeping Bear Dunes pass to park in their lots. You then get into the shuttle van and they take you to the kayak launch. You have all day to use the kayaks.
We did the Lower Platte River starts below Platte Lake which takes you into Loon Lake and then down toward Lake Michigan. It is a 2 hour trip. It is just kayaks and canoes until you get past the Lake. Once you hit the tube launches the river is pretty congested with tubes, making it a little difficult to navigate with kayak at times. That would be my only complaint.
We received excellent service and the shuttle driver put our kayaks in the water for us. They were so incredibly friendly and helpful.
The Platte Point Beach is an excellent family beach. Shallow and warm from the river. Beautiful views. You can spend the day here. Bathrooms and changing areas.
This was a wonderful experience and I couldn't recommend it more.Written July 28, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Dan is an amazing captain and guide! He will do everything he can to put you on fish. He is friendly and extremely knowledgeable. Book with him and you'll have one of the best days of your life!Written May 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Michael's decades of kayaking and instructional experience are evident from the first conversation. He is very knowledgeable, highly skilled, and able to communicate that knowledge effectively to rookie kayakers. On top of his kayaking credentials, Michael is a gracious host and a top-notch cook. And you get to experience all of this in his backyard, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. I couldn't recommend this experience more highly.Written July 19, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Never experienced charter fishing before. Absolutely love it! Lots of fun for all ages! Captain Todd explains and coaches each individual through the entire catch process and cleans the fish for you! Even have a women's fishing team now!Written September 16, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My trip was incredible! We went into the wilderness of Northern Michigan via bike and set up camp in the Forrest. Micah's leadership at Crystalaire is impeccable and the staff were great. We had a British Guy named Billy? (May be wrong spelling) who was awesome! Can't wait to do another!Written June 25, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- What a great experience, up front and personal with these very gentle alpacas!
The tour was excellent and loaded with fun and interesting information. The owner was extremely knowledgeable and answered our many questions. We learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed walking in the fenced fields with the alpacas.
There were a few smaller children in the group and owner was very accommodating in introducing them to the alpacas. This farm is a place for all ages!
There is a very nice shop filled with alpaca scarves, hats and many other items. Couldn’t resist an alpaca hat!
On-line booking for this informal tour was very easy to do.
We'll definitely be back for another visit with friends and family!Written April 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Captain Greg and mate Jarrod did an amazing job of finding fish and setting lines to make this a special lifetime experience. The boat is immaculate, has the latest equipment and quite comfortable with two bench seats for guests, plenty of grab rails, and a sparkling clean head. Greg and Jarrod were also interesting to chat with, and we totally enjoyed our experience. We will be booking for next year.Written July 29, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.