Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We drove from vico enquense to the view point at the top of the mountain. Google will tell you th busiest times and we would recommend visiting off peak as to avoid meeting too much traffic on the winding roads . There is a small car park at the top beside the church. The view is unbelievable and a must see when visiting Vixo Enquense. If you don't want to brave the driving their is a bus and funicular.Written September 14, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Unfortunately, when I went to Chiesa della Santissima Annunziata (on a Saturday morning in early November) the doors were locked. I couldn’t go inside. Not a complete loss, as the views from the exterior of the church are spectacular. If you have a chance, go down to the beach and look up at this beautiful clifftop church. Very impressive.Written November 22, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We spent a few happy hours at this beach. Quiet and has its own restaurant. Staff are friendly and try to help wherever possible.Written June 9, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stayed here from September 27-October 3, 2019. Amazing place, excellent location with amazing views. A five minute walk to train station that can take you to Naples, Pompei, Herculaneum, and Sorrento. Naples is about a 50-minute ride and Sorrento going the other way is about 10 minutes. Would stay here again in a minute.Written October 19, 2019
- This is an amazing beach with a very clear water where you can swim in crystalline water and see a mountain in front of you. This is a beach inside the nature.
Very beautifulWritten July 14, 2020
- An important museum for the mineral and fossil enthusiast. The curator gave an impromptu tour and pointed out collection highlights. Exhibits include rare (and beautiful) specimens. I must admit to thinking many of these stones would look amazing made into a jewelry!Written November 25, 2019
- Monte Molare was the first mountain peak I have hiked to. It is the highest in the area and are not that hard. The last part is harder and pretty steep, but the view makes it worth it!Written October 1, 2018
- Well worth a visit if in this area. Beautiful architecture, well maintained. Easy to find but remember it is a 'working' church and Sundays would not be the best time to visit as a 'tourist'Written September 22, 2017
- We walked here from Vico Equense to see the sunset which took about 20 minutes. It was well worth it and amazing.
Such a perfect spot. Cocktails were good €10 each on avg. The mojito wasn't the best we have ever had but the setting made up for it. They do offer food but it was Japanese which we didn't fancy.
It's definitely the best place to see the sunset and so romantic. Amazing.Written September 13, 2020
- Wandered in here on a Sunday, which probably wasn't the best time. However glad we did because we got to hear the choir (and the organist)
Beautiful inside. Don't be put off by the exteriorWritten May 15, 2019
- Food is great, the beach is clean, water is wonderful and staff is really nice. Don't go anywhere else.Written September 19, 2018
- The story behind the lost shrine and bull is intriguing....how the bull would bow to a bush each time he passed and the lost shrine was then discovered amongst the bush. The church inside is beautiful, it is only open for certain times and we joined the locals for a time of prayer and admiring the ornate interior...worth finding out when it is open to do that.Written March 26, 2017
- With all the treasures Italy has to offer, this tiny museum may seem unimportant. It is not. The exhibits are of artifacts found locally. If visiting the area, stop by to see this small, significant museum.Written November 22, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Vico Equense
- The best day trips from Vico Equense according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Capri Tour from Pompeii, Vico Equense & Castellammare di Stabia
- Private Tour - Amalfi Coast, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello
- Private Day Trip of Amalfi Coast & Positano with Local Driver and Luxury Minivan
- Private Pompeii Tour with an archaeologist and wine experience on Mt Vesuvius
- Pompeii, Herculaneum and wine experience on Mt Vesuvius with an archaeologist
Vico Equense Attractions Information
|Friday 12:53 AM|