- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- The town of Tropea offers to visitors two different markets where you can buy food, or any other product you need and not.
The first market, daily and encountered going from the centre to the railway station, is housed in a special structure, with a large parking space in front. It is mainly dedicated to local food and local products.
The second takes place weekly (every Saturday morning).
It is much larger than the first, occupies a large space near the cemetery, and offers all sorts of products, from clothing to furnishings, from games to souvenirs of Calabria, from low-cost jewellery to sheets and carpets.
Generally, prices are popular, also considering that in addition to the large mass of tourists (especially in the summer season), stalls are also frequented by the local population, which satisfies most of their needs in these structures.
For the tourist I think the folkloric aspect is dominant over the validity of the merchandise, which in qualitative terms is perhaps better by resorting to other.
Moreover, if you are in the vicinity, I suggest rather entering the cemetery back to the weekly market, to look at the tombs of the deceased, majestic and praiseworthy of almost real Tropeans’ homes!Written September 13, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Delicious salumi and many choices of different foods or culinary gifts. On demand you will get panini's...capocollo is great...try the carolina reaper cream !Written June 23, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We just happened to walk past this store and saw so many interesting books, including in English. I purchased a Tropea Cookbook in English and Italian. Scrolling through the gallery for the bookstore I saw our new friend, Francesco, teaching a watercolor class. He is a very talented artist - I wish we could have carried more of his work with us on the plane. His shop is down the road from the bookstore and his lovely wife has the most amazing clothes and jewelry.Written August 7, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- If you are in Tropea you should visit this beautifull shop. Here the have the finest wines, delicious local specialities and the friendly shop owners give you excellent advice. If you are going for quality this is the place to go.Written August 3, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Amazing address in Tropea - top quality products and super friendly staff. I bought the Oro perfume and an amazing cream (miele & bergamotto biologico) that I brought back to Paris. I am super happy I have these nice smells back to France with me, they record me of the great time I had in Calabria.Written February 25, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Tropea