Neighborhoods • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Ortisei
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Stroll from Cafe to Cafe, Shop to Shop, Church to Church. Worth every minute of your visit to Ortisei.Written August 11, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- In a quite sunny day - mid-morning - at the end of July, I had a nice and pleasant walk from Ortisei to San Giacomo - St. Jacob church. This enchanted place is a sort of rendez-vous point in between Ortisei and Santa Cristina (other people came also from the Santa Cristina side by bike). The church, the small graveyard, the green area all around and the gorgeous view are magic and I have been a sort of transfixed by the beauty and the peace. The very well-maintained church with interesting and colourful paintings worthwhile for sure a visit. I would love repeating this stop every year – to grasp the good vibes, contemplate, breath plentifully and be part of the magic picture.Written July 31, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great visit! Beautiful place. Hotel looks amazing. Parking is tight. That is the only downside. But, pretty normal in Ortisei.Written July 12, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Being a former train track, this path has a gentle slope, so it is easy to walk either direction. We were lucky with the weather, and enjoyed the gorgeous views up and down the Val Gardena.
Along the path are a range of boards, expanding on the history of this track (which was built during WW1 by Russian prisoners of war).Written January 1, 2019
- The beautiful little chapel in the center of Ortisei. A must-to-see when strolling in this lovely dolomite village.Written August 11, 2022
- What an amazing ride up and down. The views are breathtaking. Very comfortable and friendly staff. A must when in OrtiseiWritten August 11, 2022
- We enjoyed t his compact but loaded 3 story museum in the town center. Artifcts of the human habitation of this area over the millinea, fossil exhibits of the geologic history, costumes of the recent evolving modern culture, posters and old videos of movies and movie stars having filmed in this place. This is a gold mine of fun for all age visitors, a must 2. hours.Written October 12, 2019
- This is an absolutely breathtaking church . The Parish Church of Urtijëi located in the town of Urtijëi in Val Gardena in South Tyrol, Italy is dedicated to the Epiphany and to Saint Ulrich.
It was built in the years 1792–1796 in the Neoclassical style with some Baroque elements by the tyrolean master Joseph Abenthung and the interior domes painted by the Tyrolean brothers Franz Xaver and Josef Kirchebner. The structure of the church has the form of Latin cross with a central nave and two lateral chapels dedicated to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and to Our Lady of the Rosary.
The church contains a great number of sculptures, mostly in wood, carved by artists from Val Gardena, including Vigil Dorigo, Luis Kostner, Josef Moroder-Lusenberg, Anton Pitscheider and Franz Ruggaldier. In the corners of the presbytery there are four plaster statues, created by Johann Dominik Mahlknecht (German Wikipedia) for this church but never cast in bronze, representing the four Evangelists. The stained glass windows are a matching set, each one containing a roundel with the head of one of the Twelve Apostles.Written August 11, 2022
- MUST DO!! my husband and i got married at the top of seceda then paraglided down two days after. we hiked to the top the day of. afterwards we had beers with the pilots and chatted. so so funWritten July 10, 2021
- the entry to the pool was included with out hotel.... a bit confusing to start to see how to get into the lockers... but we got there in the end.... lovely outdoor pool with massage jets and a vortex !!! the vortex when full of kids after skiing gets a bit of an issue with people all over the place and people getting hurt... all getting whirled around.. fun but one needs to be careful with little kids... the slide was good... as well as the turkish bath area... the main pool just seemed too cold after the hot jacuzzi and the outdoor pool !Written March 4, 2019
- As an art lover, I enjoyed the exhibition of local artits, done with great taste and respect to the local traditions.Written January 28, 2019
- Stefan was THE BEST! This was our first via ferrata so we chose Piccola Cir. Stefan was hands down the best guide we have ever had! He taught us so much, was an amazing cheerleader and also took some of the best action shots! We absolutely can't recommend trying this enough and can't wait to do it again!Written July 19, 2022
- This footbridge is an extremely convenient way for local people and visitors to leave their vehicles in a Car Park outside Ortisei and make their way into the beautiful town well above the busy road below. The bridge also affords a good vantage point for viewing the surrounding area.Written November 5, 2019
- Loads of spiritual blessings and wonderful vibes for me here! Guess it has to do with the fresh Mountain Air! The beauty of nature here on enhances our lives and this visit!!!Written July 14, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Ortisei
- The best day trips from Ortisei according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Dolomites Full-day Tour from Lake Garda
- From Bolzano: Private Day Tour by car: The Great Dolomites Road
- The most famous sledge slope in the Dolomites and a panoramic tour by car
- From Trento: Private Day Tour by Car: the Great Dolomites Road
- Private Dolomites Day Tour from Verona