Popular things to do
- Full-day Tours
- Day Trips
- Specialty Museums
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- 4WD Tours
- Shopping Malls
- Night Tours
- Half-day Tours
- City Tours
- Bus Tours
- Art Galleries
- Private Day Trips
- Nature and Wildlife Tours
- Hiking Tours
- Historical Tours
- Sporting Events
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Shopping Tours
- Weddings & Honeymoons
- Special Offers
- Museum Tickets & Passes
Top Attractions in Muscat
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Must see when in muscat. One of the few mosque where non Muslims can also enter-(chek timings) Make sure to cover your self from head to toe(women) men come in pants and shirts.Written September 29, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This group of buildings is beautiful and full of amazing experiences. We did not see an opera as it was off season but enjoyed the restaurant’s and a tour. of special interest is the music museum. i highly recommend spending a few hours there. The exhibit is very well done and interactive.Written September 14, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Our visit to this oasis was the most relaxing time my wife and I had during our journey to Oman and the United Arab Emirates. There are lots of trees and greenery as well as a stream and pools of water and interesting boulders located throughout the area. There is also a café which appears to be permanently closed.
However, this is a place to slow down and take in the beauty of nature. A highlight was sitting at a pool of water, putting my feet in the water and enjoy the little fish nibbling on my feet—free foot treatment! There are some uneven surfaces but good walking shoes and a slower pace should prevent slipping.
There are pools large enough for swimming, just be sure to follow the guidelines on the signs posted regarding modest swimwear. A good visitor is always a respectful visitor.
This is a great place to recharge your spirit before you head off to your next adventure in Oman.Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- On the morning that were leaving Muscat to explore more of Oman, my wife and I stopped at Bimmah Sinkhole. The Sinkhole is the highlight of Hawiyyat Najm Park which includes an expansive playground for children, beautiful views of mountains as well as very clean restrooms.
The view from the top of the rim looking down to the sinkhole offers a nice panoramic view. I really appreciated the perspective once I walked down the many stairs to the ground level at the sinkhole. The water was a beautiful mixture of turquoise and darker blue colors. I learned that the sinkhole measures 50 meters by 70 meters and has a depth of approximately 20 meters.
I didn’t opt to swim, but the waters were inviting and there were several visitors who did swim and appeared to enjoy themselves. The sinkhole at the water level is a lot larger than it may appear from the rim and I never felt crowded.
The morning was the perfect time to visit this site with beautiful weather and not too many visitors crowding the park or sinkhole.Written August 24, 2022
- My wife and I spent about an hour and a half here. We learned a lot. The place wasn't crowded. There were other tourists here. O heard German spoken.Written September 24, 2022
- nice country with kind people ، but expensive ، you can rent a car and visit another cities expect muscat like nizwa , bahla , sur and salalehWritten April 18, 2022
- This definitely is one of the best beaches in Muscat and having a long walk there feels therapeutic. Anytime of the day is suitable to visit this place and is also lined with fine cafes which makes it even better.Written February 17, 2022
- This museum provides exhibits that focus on the cultural history of Oman. There are examples of the clothing and jewelry worn by women, accessories worn by men such as knives in decorative sheaths, cooking gear, household items and other items essential to the day to day lives of the Omani people. There is also a comprehensive history the Royal Family depicted in paintings.
One exhibit I particularly enjoyed was a scale model of Old Muscat and a souk; the attention to detail was very impressive!
There is also a gift shop that has some interesting items unique to Oman.
This museum has a personal, intimate feel. This is not surprising; I learned that the museum was founded by the Zubair family which provided many of the items included in the exhibits.Written August 24, 2022
- We stopped here on a cruise excursion that combined a tour of the city center with a stop at the Souq. As an amateur photographer I found the combination of old and new worlds to be interesting subjects. My suggestion: travel light. My DSLR with a zoom lens was a great choice. The city center shots needed speed due to the motion of the bus. The choice of zoom lens made for easy and quick grab shots. As always watch for distracting reflections in bus windows. look ahead to be prepared for opportunities. Ps: we traveled here just before the pandemic hit.Written October 26, 2020
- Nice place to be. You will enjoy if you are a currency lover. So much collection under one roof, simply amazingWritten March 25, 2019
- we couldn't visit it, however it's beautiful! it was right in front of our hotel - beautiful architecture and the lighting makes it even more specialWritten May 16, 2022
- Very simple place to eat well for the amount of the bill.Salad,hommous are very fresh and the portions are large.The bread is an absolute dream you have to try to eat it when hot.At the end of the meal,for a perfect digestiona perfect tea:clove tea!Enjoy!!Written January 22, 2020
- A great experience when you travel to Muscat.. The drive from Muscat to Qantab itself is great, and once you reach the beach its quite unique in its views.
Boating is available for those who like that. Avoid summer as its typically hot.Written March 5, 2020
- This mall contains a different variety of shops. all brand shops are available here. this place is very good for shopping.one of the biggest malls in Oman.Written August 6, 2020
- The Sifah beach is a great location for camping. The white beach is a treat for the eyes and a great location for an outing with family or friends. The beach is also suitable for a swim depending on the tidal variations. There are certain sections of the beach that are cordoned off for development activities. Run a check before occupying the location to avoid inconvenienceWritten June 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Muscat
- The best day trips from Muscat according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Snorkeling at Dimaniyat Islands and Dolphin Watching
- Wadi Shab and Bimmah Sinkhole Private Full Day Tour
- Discover the South and Wadi Shab from Muscat
- Wadi Shab and Bimmah Sinkhole Group Full Day Tour
- Nizwa Full Day Tour from Muscat
Muscat Attractions Information
|Number of Reviews||28,420|
|Number of Photos||32,992|
|Local Time||Saturday 8:44 PM|