Tours near Macclesfield
Book these experiences to see what the area has to offer.
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Must visit, tour was really interesting and informative, great tasting drinks, very cosy bar and friendly staffWritten December 2, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A good experience with plenty to do and see. Booking online is complicated/difficult but persevere!
Parking is rather expensive!Written September 17, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent museum, with many machines still in working order. We paid for the guided tour, which was well worth it: Dan our guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic; he adapted the tour to the interests of those on it. They expect to re-open Paradise Mill early in 2024, so we will visit again soon.Written December 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely little place to stop off. Just off the main road. Awkward position as just past a bend.
We stopped for a fresh made ice cream which was delicious and we had a wander round whilst enjoying it.
A good place to bring young children to see the animals which you can get very close to and pet.Written September 14, 2023
- Was a lovely walk but definitely not wheelchair friendly. Definitely recommend taking lots of water and using a backpack carrier if you have small children.Written September 18, 2023
- Lovely visit to this friendly family home. The tour guides were amazing. They were very knowledgeable and helpful with questions. The inside was fascinating- especially the room with the organ.
The gardens were also nice to wander around.
Unusual to see a statue of Napoleon in an English garden.
We attempted the maze but didn’t get to the middle. I believe if you do it’s the family crest at the centre.
Opening days are limited but worth a visit.
The cafe is run by the local hospice charity and has a lovely selection of cake. Proceeds to East Cheshire Hospice which is a nice thing to see.Written October 18, 2022
- I came here for the Cheshire Classic Car show in the grounds of the hall on 17th July 2022. It was a great show of classic cars, with the hall as an elegant background. The organisation was good, the car parking staff were so pleasant and there were so many interesting car owners proudly showing off their cars. It was £10 per person entry.
Inside the hall was a little disappointing I'm sad to say. The staff were lovely to chat to but there's not much of the place open and photography is prohibited. I can understand the concerns as criminals have cataloged valuables previously. This was an extra £4 each to look inside.
Refreshments are available by the lake and I can see why this is a good venue for a wedding.
An enjoyable day.Written July 18, 2022
- We walked the circular route via the forest bridleway from our phone app. Lovely 2 hour walk mainly on good solid paths. Some fantastic views and places to sit for a picnic along the way.
We parked at Trentabank car park where there are toilets and a hot drinks/ food van. The oatcakes smelt gorgeous.
We will be back to see it in different seasons and would recommend to anyone.Written November 27, 2023
- Love the settings, the friendly staff and the clientele.
We just went to our first climbing competition and it was really welcoming and inclusive. The route setting was really really good. Entertaining problems with plenty to go at!
Every time we go there's at least one wall completely reset keeping it fresh for members.Written August 2, 2023
- What a superb setting with great friendly staff and, most importantly, fantastic beer.
I can not praise this place anymore, if I could give it 6 stars, I would.
Great Pork Scratchinhs as well.Written June 28, 2023
- Enjoyable visit, very interesting, friendly staff.
Worth a second visit. Highly recommend
Lovely weather also made the day so enjoyableWritten October 27, 2019
- Nice local products: honey and apple juice. On your visit, you will find a nice leaflet about Ian’s Curtis life in the town.Written July 8, 2023
- Hard to find if you follow google maps - needs better directions from main road as we passed car park twice. Otherwise lovely compact place to get around easily (some steps but you can follow different route if you aren’t very mobile) I would say if you are travelling a fair distance I wouldn’t make a special effort, but great if you are NT member already and live quite local.Written August 7, 2022
- Beautiful service in the Norman chapel of this lovely church. Some ancient features in this building, but it made for an intimate and beatiful service, wonderfully led by the vicar. We were very grateful. Lovely acoustics in there for singing acapella as well. Evocative graveyard as well. The main church is also lovely.Written November 1, 2021
- Love this building it stands strong and tall and really does impose itself on the surrounding Macclesfield town. Good for photography with decent shots down the stairs to the lower town.Written January 26, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Macclesfield
Macclesfield Attractions Information
|Wednesday 11:51 PM|