Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Tromso
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- A few minutes to reach the upper station and looking around the fiord. In the winter morning it is beautiful to see the pinkish mountains arond and the town still in the shadow.Written February 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cruising through this part of Norway was amazing. In january the light was quite magical as the sun never roseWritten January 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An short but absolutely complete overview of the history of arctic exploration and the people who dedicated lifes to it.Written February 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I was planning our anniversary trip and needed some information about Norway as it was the first time visiting the country. So I dropped a bunch of emails to various vendors for booking the dog sledging experience as it was sold out everywhere for 2 people.
First thing that caught my eye was the prompt reply from the Visit Tromso booking team. Henning replied quickly than the others and were very descriptive and assured help, I immediately felt that I was in good hands. The next day came in Zillah. Not only did he help me see the availability of the tour but got me every possible information he could.
He answered my follow up questions and provided suggestions on how I could make my visit memorable and experience the best of Norway.
Love such caring attitude towards customers and would like to mention Henning and Zillah Bugeja for making my first contact exceptional. Thanks for sharing that personal advice as well. Much appreciated.
These 2 are the absolute rock stars!! I hope they get recognition for their hard work. Can't wait to visit Norway in February 2023!! <3Written January 17, 2023
- A small but very well organized museum from the local university. Nice expositions and clear explanations about the specific geological history of this land. Very interesting and well documented the section about Sami culture.Written February 6, 2023
- Very pretty place to visit. Bus stop right outside from town centre. Lots of interesting plants from all over the world!Written October 22, 2022
- Extraordinary northern light show and for children very interesting with funny experiments which can be done bye everyone.Written February 1, 2023
- We were there on a tour with The Green Adventure, really beautiful place and nice beach. We will never forget this arctic picnic in this village.Written January 1, 2023
- Visited on Saturday as the weather was snowy and wanted an indoor activity.
Really interested in the seal feeding and education talk so went to see what it was all about.
Aquarium is lovely but small. Great activity for kids with lots of interactive displays.
Unfortunately the amount of people they allowed into the sea pool area completely spoilt the experience. Way too many people in there and I couldn’t see the seals. If you want to see them, make sure you get there earlier than the planned feeding times.Written February 6, 2023
- We rented a car and took the ferry to the Lyngen Alps. It was an excellent day trip from Tromso. We decided on the Blue Lake Hike and really enjoyed it, but the whole area is beautiful and a must see!Written October 23, 2022
- I really enjoyed this beach! It was cold and dark and very windy when I went, but it was a very interesting environment regardless. Great views of the water and mountains, and you can watch some ships pass by. A great way to relax in nature.Written January 11, 2023
- We did not plan to go there beforehand, but had such a nice time! Even though it was more or less made for children, we really enjoyed learning everything about the history & mythology of Norway. Totally recommend!Written January 29, 2023
- We stayed in the thon polar across the road and had a lovely view of the cathedral. Not once did we see the doors open however!
Outside is pretty though and the square deserves a walk round.Written January 17, 2023
- It is just great. You feel welcome and you want to explore this library. It is just what a library should be like, an open building, cozy, inviting, well laid out, etc.Written January 24, 2023
- A walk on the bridge allows the tourist to see the town and the fiord from a very peculiar point of view. In winter, when the sun goes over the horizong, at noon it appears just at the end of the fiord: beautiful sight.Written February 6, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Tromso
- The best day trips from Tromso according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Silent Whale Watching
- Northern Lights Hunt with The Green Adventure- max 8 people, photos included
- Arctic Nature Tour from Tromsø by minibus
- Whale Watching Rib Tour
- Northern Lights Small-Group Tour from Tromso, Including Photography Tips
Tromso Attractions Information
|Local Time||Wednesday 1:13 AM|