- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
19 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- We have been lucky enough to visit here twice now and were very pleased to find it open on the second visit to Honningsvag.
The gallery is lovely, the art is beautiful and not too expensive. The staff are helpful and very knowledgeable about what they are selling and about the artist.
We bought a framed print this time as well as 2 just mounted and all were carefully wrapped so we could safely pack them.
Definitely worth a visit.Written June 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- They have a Vinmomopolet shop where you can buy a good range of wines at bearable prices for a private drinkWritten February 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a free museum downtown and has a gift shop The Sami people are an indigenous people that the Norwegians have assimilatedWritten June 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I venured inside and was pleasently surprised by all the wonderful handmade crafts. I ended up buying a lime glass fish that is now hanging in my bathroom window. It even came with it's own string to hang it from!! The cost was very good considering it is handmade.Written February 25, 2020
- Nice little shop. A lot of different items. Possible for a bargain and price adjustment.
Down side - little space for a stroller because they got so much stuff.
I bought 3 items.
Price haggling included.
Will visit again.Written August 1, 2017
- It's a beautiful and many things to do there and there it is a swimming pool right around the corner and a bowling alley close byWritten September 14, 2021
- They have a Vinmomopolet shop where you can buy from a very good range of wine at bearable prices for a private drinkWritten February 17, 2019
- I already started noticing some cool unique paintings up in the North Cape Center and then in a few places in Honningsvåg so then I wasn't so surprised when I saw the gallery "West of the Moon", but unfortunately it was closed due to covid, so I investigated a bit and found out there was a sister gallery in Kamøyvær so I headed there and found "East of the Sun" which, luckily, although it was closed, the artist, Eva Schmutterer lives close by and could stop by and let me have a look inside. Very cool unique paintings and ways to present them. Don't miss this place, you won't regret it.Written September 28, 2020
- Wow, I went from very skeptical (my wife dragging me out of the car) to totally enchanted, interested, and enthusiastic in 10 minutes. This place is far more than just a jewelry boutique as its name might suggest. Yes it is an art gallery with silver, glasswork, visual art, chicken coop, cafe, and cultural crafts, but it is housed in an architectural beauty which is worth experiencing on its own. It feels like a stroll through a wonderful, whimsical museum with many levels, hidden corners, and unique interior spaces inspired by nature. Afterward, I have had dreamlike memories of this place as I wonder, did such a place exist? in the middle of remote Kautokeino??
It is definitely a not to be missed attraction if you are in Kautokeino, even just passing through.
Parking is a bit tight (and requires a short walk). Occasionally, tour buses stop here, so be prepared for sudden surges of visitors. The silver and glass items are cool and reasonably priced.Written July 11, 2021
- Beautiful and unique designs. A lovely gift for anyone. I particularly loved the glass blown bowls. It is a small store so I had to watch my back while carrying my back packWritten October 2, 2017
- We were staying in the Dome, which is a luxury tent with plastic Windows both on one wall, and in the ceiling. It had a very comfortable double bed, and a fireplace.
The breakfast was included, and was brought to us every morning. Staying here is like beeing in the wild,- but on «first class».
There is a shower and toilet about 100 meters from the tent. Also possible to use the washing mashine If needed. The hosts were very friendly and helpful.Written August 22, 2020
- If you like antiques and vintage treasures, be sure to check out this place. There is a restaurant also where you can taste the finest locally produced foods, such as salmon, reindeer, and cloudberries. They also have a brewery there, so be sure to ask for a tour of that. They sell all kinds of locally produced products also. The owner and the staff is very friendly.Written January 7, 2020
- Very sadly this wonderful little gallery is now closed. We've enjoyed several visits over the years to admire and buy some of the innovative and beautiful artwork. All good wishes to the artist, Erika. We hope to see you back again very soon.Written October 31, 2017
- Wonderful shop. You can see them making the knives. The military also uses them! The lady who sold us the knife also does the leatherwork for the scabbards. She was able to tell us all about the knives, what they were used for, how they were made. It was an absolute pleasure to buy straight from the makers themselves. Also, they do duty free receipts!Written March 15, 2020