Historic Sites • Children's Museums
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
6 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Very interesting for kids and adults, near the town center. Possibility to fish in the lake. Nice cafeteria inside.Written August 2, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We walked up to the ski jump area from the centre of Lillehammer which took about 30mins.
Arrived at 9.30 and were able to watch a youth squad training and jumping ... amazing to watch their speed and skill. Looked ridiculously scary!
We then climbed the 963 steps to the top for beautiful views over the town and lake. Also did the 963 App Challenge .... most challenging part was its in Norwegian and we had to keep translating every page which was a bit of a hassle. Learned lots of facts about Lillehammer and Olympic area however.
Well worth the visit ... if you don’t fancy the climb you can get the chairlift which opens from 11am.Written August 6, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The museum has all you need for a drive break. The stories are all in Norwegian and the kids love the place.Written September 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It was a delight to find how well kept and professional the Bjerkebæk residence was run. Of course, we had to be guided through the buildings, but the guide was very knowledgeable and the hour with her went very fast. It was like visiting somebody nearly a hundred years ago. Yet, surprising to find that Ms. Undset had invested in quite a few modern amenities, for her time. A superb history lesson on a lovely summer day. Thank you – hight recommended!Written August 8, 2019
- While passing Garmo on our way from Lom to Ornes I saw the new Garmo church built on the site of the old stavkirke which is now located in Maihaugvegen open air museum. We were planning to see it but the price tag of NOK 175 pp seemed to be a bit high as I had no interest in seeing the rest of the museum, and the Garmo Stave Church was practically reconstructed without a clear indication how much of the original materials has been salvaged or how the church looked originally. And since the church can be seen from the parking lot I opted to save some money, take pictures of it and leave.Written August 4, 2019
- Not sure if the church can be visited outside mass times, but it´s location is central and so you could pass as part of a city tour.Written January 18, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Lillehammer
- These are the best places for kid-friendly sights & landmarks in Lillehammer:See more sights & landmarks for kids in Lillehammer on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Lillehammer:See more budget-friendly sights & landmarks in Lillehammer on Tripadvisor