Trams • Architectural Buildings
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 514
What travelers are saying
- Me and my son took the funicular up to first stage, and then went for a walk on the trails there. We were restricted for time due to a prior appointment, so we only had an hour, and would happily have wandered further.
Similarly, we were on a restricted budget, or I would have liked to head up further on one or both of the other gondolaWritten November 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were staying near the Innsbruck HBF and walked to the Altstadt.
The architecture is of Gothic style.
It was great to wander down the street and see all the old charming medieval buildings. You will find a lovely shopping street with craft shops, restaurants and bars, many with outdoor seating.Written November 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Allow a couple of hours to visit this wonder medieval castle. It is so large and what a fantastic spot that it was built on.Written August 11, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You can see the church bell tower from afar and won't miss it. The church is small though very well preserved with beautiful wall paintings. It is worth to make time visiting this church and the graveyard outside of the church which feels very peaceful.Written May 21, 2020
- The hike up to the suspension bridge is about an hour, the view on the way up is very scenic. I enjoyed a lot the panoramic valley view from the bridge.Written May 21, 2020
- Nice walk around the place, quite a cozy town. Somehow odd people talk more italian than german, though. Nice cafés and shops!Written November 14, 2021
- Seeing the Dam was an amazing experience - Our kids enjoyed walking out on the dam wall and looking downWritten July 26, 2022
- Super nice and cozy town, with lots of shops. Though the prices are higher than in most of Austria, they do look more special. Lots of hand made items to be found.Written November 14, 2021
- Overall an interesting experience. Worth visiting once. The pity is that the explanation is only in German, so if you are not advanced, you miss most of the stories behind.Written October 12, 2021
- We could only see it from outside. Castle was closed, as well as the gift shop where tickets are being sold. They are opening at 10:00, we could not wait, we were on a tight schedule.
Gardens were nice and the whole walk from the parking through the park too. At the end we found out that there was parking right at the entrance gate, but a walk would never hurt. It is a masive square building, not a fairytale castle, ok to see I guess, but nothing extraordinary. The good thing was that this place was 5 minutes from our hotel, I don't think I would made a large detour for it.Written November 13, 2022
- I booked this experience via the seefeld card. It was very good value for money. We went for a lively walk through the forest with the alpacas on a rein. Mine was just beautiful.
Mostly German language used but I was the only English person which they accommodated nicely for. They even phoned for me a taxi back to the village. Highly recommendedWritten August 2, 2022
- We enjoyed exploring this famous street. We visited the stores and churches, admired the architecture and took in the atmosphere. Some landmarks here are iconic as is the famous long perspective of the street with the Impressive Alps in the background. You cannot miss the Maria Theresia Ave.Written October 7, 2022
- Very interesting 16th century church with elaborate history, built as the site for the tomb of Emperor Maximilian I. It is next to Tyrolean Folk Art Museum and Franciscan Monastery. There is an entrance fee. It is famous for many reasons including apparently empty tomb of Maximilian and impressive statues of Habsburgs relatives'- ladies and gentlemen in separate rows. There is so much to see here - chapels, tombs, organs, statues. Beautiful and fascinating place to visit.Written November 3, 2022
- This is place worth to visit.
We drove up to valley by car. Road ends to open parking place beside valley.
You will find walking paths which suits to all age. Walking paths are new and made just for walkers/ hikers, cyclist are separated to own areas.
Really nice valley with great views and you will find some restaurants beside paths.Written August 27, 2022
- Its more an art gallery than a castle tour. I'm no art fan but I actually really liked the art. Its a little hard to get around if you aren't able bodied (being a very old building) but you see enough of the castle as well and climb the tower so you get a good look around. Austria is always well kept, its just too beautiful to believe.Written July 27, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Tirol
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in Tirol:
- Top of Innsbruck (Cable Car Roundtrip)
- Swarovski Crystal Worlds Admission Ticket in Wattens
- Alpenzoo Innsbruck and Hungerburgbahn General Admission
- Skip the Line: Ambras Castle in Innsbruck Entrance Ticket
- Skip the Line: AUDIOVERSUM ScienceCenter - Entrance Ticket