Trams • Public Transportation Systems
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
19 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- excellent new tram service from the station to the LuxEpo on Kirchberg - and it is free of charge and on time.. extensions to the airport and to the Cloche d'Or business district are expected to be completed by end 2023... All in all an excellent addition to the (already very good) public transport system in Luxembourg.Written April 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The CFL- Luxembourg's railway transportation. Indeed I took the train in Luxembourg - why ? because it was easy and convenient. The findings:
- when you get a ticket for a gig at the Rockhal in Belval that will became automatically a valid ticket for public transportation on the CFL, so when the ticket collector is coming by just show him your ticket on the train and everything is fine.
- we took the train on line 60 to get from Luxembourg city to Belval - departure on time , arrival as was announced - again on time - 30 minutes ride altogether.
- the trains were clean and modern - seats comfortable - in the train you had on display the time and the next station - before the station through the speaker system the station was announced so you knew where to get of the train.
- in the Gare Central - we get to the information booth and the staff was very helpful again speaking good english - like everywhere in the Duchy.(if you need more info the web site can be a good place to start, or by ticket)
- overall is a very convenient and fast way of getting around - and with the station right at the Rockhal for as it was very easy to use the train.
If you need a ride and you can get the train there - I recommend you use it, CFL is really a very good option.Written June 2, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Although our flight was delayed a little while, our driver was waiting for us with clear signage. He whisked us to our hotel and chatted amiably and informativelyWritten May 27, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The Luxembourg Pass is good value but if you are simply staying in the city area not needed. Busses don’t run on time and worse at the weekend. There is a screen at the front of the bus that indicates the next stops.Written March 18, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Luxembourg City
- These experiences are best for transportation in Luxembourg City:
- Transfers in Luxembourg
- Luxembourg Findel Airport (LUX) to Luxembourg hotels - Arrival Private Transfer
- Luxembourg Findel Airport (LUX) to Luxembourg - Round-trip Private Transfer
- Airport shuttle bus 44 seats
- Private airport transfer: from the airport to the city of Luxembourg