Historic Sites • Ancient Ruins
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Despite being a whistle stop tour, the Citadel is definitely worth the climb, the views over Gozo are beautiful. I only wish we had spent more time there.Written October 30, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Done the job, easy trip
Departing kn our vehicle was tad scary as all lanes depart at same time. .Written November 18, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Make an effort to go here if you are on Gozo. There is some parking and a short walk takes you to a view point. There are also some steps where you can go down almost to sea level. People were squeezing past the locked gate - probably there because a section of the hand rail is missing. Superb place for photos.Written October 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- How can visiting somewhere that is older than the Pyramids of Giza not be on your Gozo to do list?
There is a small visitor centre before you walk to the site of the temple which has information in English. The site itself is small but fascinating.
I would highly recommend visiting early to avoid the heat of the day and the crowds. We arrived at opening time and practically walked around on our own!Written August 28, 2023
- Beautiful area of Gozo. Amazing crystal clear blue waters. The area offers plenty of watersports, areas for sunseeking and food and dirink just offside. Wonderful break from the grind!Written October 23, 2023
- The Basilica is striking from the outside and dominates the local area, being almost in the middle of nowhere. Churches, Cathedrals, Basilicas are not my interest by any stretch of the imagination and the inside - for which I made a few minutes visit - was unimpressive. The open courtyard and the mosaic dioramas there though, were spectacular. While all of religious themes not surprisingly, get up close to them to see the workmanship that's gone into them and then step back to look at the full picture. They are magnificent.Written October 7, 2023
- An enjoyable evening hosted by a passionate & knowledgeable owner. A must go-to place not just for wine lovers.Written September 22, 2023
- The Bay of Dwejra was the place where the visitors could see the Azure window - not anymore , several year ago it did collapse eventually after millennia (in a storm in 2017) , but still a visit to the bay of Dwejra is a must from my perspective when you are on the island of Gozo.
The bay with the rugged cliffs and when we were visiting this time , we had the of high winds so the sea was rough and the waves were breaking against the shoreline cliffs with spectacular splashes.
Also due to the rough sea , this time no boat trips from the "inner sea" to check out the rocky shoreline of Dwejra bay.
Nonetheless , even without the "window" it still remains a beautiful and must see spot when you are in Gozo - don't forget to put it on your "to see" list - it is worth it.Written August 19, 2023
- Stunning. Attended the 7pm sunday service, lucky to get a seat! Highly recommended if you wish to keep the faith while travelling 🙏🏻Written October 22, 2023
- The speed boat sofa watersport trip is a must, great fun for parents & teenagers alike! 10 euros per person for 15 mins of thrill was worth every penny! We laughed and screamed for the entire time we were out. The owner was super friendly. The rest of the day was lovely and relaxing at Ramla beach and we ate at the restaurant. Yes the stones make it tricky to get into the water but if you walk further up the beach past the lifeguard station it's much easier.Written October 21, 2023
- This is a MUST. A place one should not miss when visiting Gozo. A favorite even among locals. And a beautiful diving site. This is in the same area as the well-known Inland Sea and (now collapsed) Azure Window.Written August 7, 2023
- These were impressive to see and after we got of the bus it was a lovely walk out to see them past the Battery/ex nightclub and along the coast to there exposed coastal location. The only slight disappointment is that it is the wrong time of year for them to be being worked.
We walked back into Marsalforn then and used the excellent local buses to continue of Gozo exploring. Remember to buy either day or the exploreflex tickets for discounted travel.Written November 19, 2023