Other Outdoor Activities
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Three of us visited this delightful island about 10 days ago. Pack a hat, sunscreen and swimwear and plan on doing nothing much as that's the whole point. Catch the first ferry and arrive before the café's and restaurants are busy. We found a big red umbrella and outdoor chairs overlooking the water near the restaurant. Relaxed with an Aperol Spritz, chatted with other foreign visitors then lunch of Moose Balls. Too lazy to to don swimwear and join the many sunbaking or swimming from the rocks. It's a relaxing break from sightseeing in Stockholm. Loved it!Written August 3, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Skinnarviksberget is a favorite picnic place located above Söder Mälarstrand, 53 meters above sea level.
The views are even more panoramic than from Monteliusvägen.
You will see Kungsholmen, Gamla Stan, City Hall, and other points of interest.Written August 24, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- take the bus out of central stockholm, and bring your ice skates to skate on the lake when it is frozen. or rent ice skates but you have to queue. keen to try the saunaWritten February 15, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It’s a beautiful old park very centrally located in the city. A big playing area for children. Also a fenced area for dogs where they can run free.Written August 17, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My son hired skis and kit for 3 hours and had good fun going up on the easy to use t bar tow and coming down on the blue run. There is also a learner's slope, a red and a black run. All quite short runs but it's so close to the city and very easy to combine with a city trip. Lack of snow meant black run was out of action. 335 kr to hire everything including tow pass and the staff are very helpful setting you up. Sickla kaj tram stop is close. Cafe has hot chocolate and snacks.Written February 17, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We took a beautiful walk along the lake this morning from Stockholm Town Hall to Smedsuddsbadet. About thirty minutes. Check out the photos. There is a nice little beach there with a diving platform and walkway down into the water
This was the first time we were somewhere without hordes of tourists. The place was plenty large enough for the passing joggers scattered sun bathers and small families with small naked children wading in the lake. All very quiet and demure. No volleyball games, impromptu baseball games, no large groups setting up picnics, no beers, no dogs nor everyone jumping into the water and screaming about how cold it is.
We left for lunch. Several hours later boated by and it was standing room only. It is one of the hottest days of the year.Written June 30, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Lot's of kayaks, or canoes available. NIce, helpfull staff, as you would expect in sweden. They help you with getting in the kayak, so you won't dive in if you don't know how to get in:) The surroundings are beautiful. Lots of place to stop and enjoy the area.Written October 4, 2015This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a terrific time! As part of our visit to Djurönäset Hotel we got to meet Captain Lasse. He has so much enthusiasm for the submarine experience! Our adventure was a short 30 minutes ending in an exhilarating “emergency blow” from a depth of about 90 feet to the surface in about 4 seconds – just like in the movie “Hunt for Red October”.
We can imagine how awesome it would be for the recreational submarine hunts and team building adventures he organizes! We enjoyed this as a couple, but a number of our friends did it too and loved it.Written August 17, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Stockholm
- These are the best places for kid-friendly other outdoor activities in Stockholm:See more other outdoor activities for kids in Stockholm on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly other outdoor activities in Stockholm:See more budget-friendly other outdoor activities in Stockholm on Tripadvisor