What travelers are saying
- Admission is only €3, and you can enjoy the exterior for free. The castle features captivating ruins complemented by picturesque vistas, making it a worthwhile visit. You'll find several intriguing photo opportunities as well. Be sure to check the opening hours; typically, it's open from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM, closed on Tuesdays.
Moreover, the castle offers stunning views from both inside and outside. A top tip is to take the tourist train to reach the castle and then enjoy a leisurely walk downhill to Molyvos, which is more convenient than the uphill journey, given Molyvos's hilly terrain.Written September 17, 2023
- I have visited here a few times. If you are open, the sacred power in there s place is palpable. If you are searching or looking for direction, this is a place to find answers within yourself. It is also a beautiful place in a beautiful setting. Highly recommend.Written August 9, 2021
- Excellent experience, the best Ouzo , is Ouzo of Plomari, high quality and production standards. The distillery very well organized, clean combines the traditional way of distillation with the modern storage and bottling .
Amazing!!!!Written November 22, 2023
- What a fantastic, historical place to visit. The baths have been lovingly restored and are very important to the area. Rob and Carol were our guides, were very informative and are very passionate about them. It's free to enter, however a donation to keep the upkeep is most welcome. They are a "must see " historical attraction. I am glad that we visited. Thanks to Rob and Carol for all their hard work.Written October 7, 2023
- A good beach with its some eating options, especially if you're around for ouzo distilleries it' good to relax in here. Not too much crowded and pretty quietWritten September 6, 2023
- Worth the walk up 114 steps - discovered as we wandered around the back streets of Petra though is very visible from a distance as it’s based on a huge rockWritten June 6, 2023
- Visited on a very hot day so didn’t walk round the whole park. Would definitely recommend a visit and you also get to go to the Natural History museum in Sigri as well on the same ticketWritten August 8, 2022
- I work here on Lesbos as a guide. And I love to come to Barbayannis everyrtime. I hear the same story everytime from Yannis, and I love it! Thank you 😊 it is a must see and hear if you are souht on the Island.Written August 18, 2023
- A great local town to the resort with good bars and seafood restaurants. We really enjoyed our time there.Written October 24, 2023
- Same as the reviews last year by the looks of it. €5 each, friendly staff keen to speak English, interesting exhibits in Greek and English, immaculate toilets, lovely cafe with helpful staff and great coffee. Used our ticket for free entry at the Petrified Forest itself (where the staff need lessons in friendliness and manners from the staff at this Museum).
My only comment would be the lack of air con in the Museum which would have been appreciated today.Written August 9, 2023
- Went to front gate during what was suppose to be opening hours but was closed! Had to walk long distance along main street, took a left towards town park and continued walking hoping to find some way in. Finally saw ancient Greek & Roman artifacts along walkway and saw original main gate to castle with wrought iron gate open. Continued to another old gate with wrought iron gate open and found ticket kiosk. Asked attendant why main gate was close and she only smiled and shrugged her shoulders! Wonderful experience once you were inside with lots to see and learn. If you didn't have street map and took the extra time to walk a long distance to side entry you would have missed it! Someone needs to get their act together!Written October 17, 2019
- Excellent and informative, seems like a lot of effort has gone into a good presentation of the museum.Written September 30, 2023
- Well worth a visit. Excellent view of a Cretzchmar's Bunting and Ruppells Warbler. 300+ Greater Flamingos, 70+ Black Winged Stilts, 3-4 Pelicans, several Little Terns, Kentish Plover, Woodchat Shrike, Hoopoe.Written August 13, 2023
- A surprising and intriguing collection of works from artists like Matisse, Picasso, and Miro, from their contributions to Verve compilations, as well as a range of equal or lesser known artists, and medieval work. It's interesting to see how they were contemporaries, boosting the reach of each other's work through shared endeavours. The collection spans two floors and is laid out with care. There are bathrooms available also.Written July 30, 2023
- Excellent opportunity to meet the authentic Greek life on the mountains of Lesvos to taste Organic extra Virgin olive oil with this unique fruity taste.Written July 20, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Lesbos
Lesbos Attractions Information
|Monday 10:46 AM|