Popular things to do
- Bus Tours
- Day Trips
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- 4WD Tours
- Full-day Tours
- Historical Tours
- Private Sightseeing Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Top Picks
- Ports of Call Tours
- Water Sports
- Likely to Sell Out
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Multi-day & Extended Tours
- Food, Wine & Nightlife
- Sporting Events
- Water Parks
- Walking & Biking Tours
- Family Friendly
Top Attractions in Zakynthos
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This place is not a beach it’s a rocky cove and it’s listed in the top 5 of the islands beaches , it’s bloody amazing we been twice in our visit to the island , it’s a good scenic drive plenty of parking and toilets food and drink available , outside seating area at the top with great views of the cove along with sunloungers , getting down to the water is via some steep steps or concrete ramp , I would not say it’s dangerous but do wear trainers for walking . We were in a party of 16 and there were children with us and other children swimming in the cove happily ( every parent has a different threshold of what they want children to do ) , the water does drop deep quite quickly in places but it’s a fantastic place for swimming snorkelling and exploring in the caves , don’t miss out give it a try you’ll be dissatisfied if you don’t , I would say definitely leave grandma and grandad at homeWritten September 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had paid for the boat trip to turtle island but the day we went the turtles were nesting, we wasn’t aware of this until the boat had gone past and staff had told us. They had taken us around some absolutely beautiful coves! and then had stopped the boat and a different cove and gave us 45 minutes to get off for a swim if wanted…I think I actually preferred this as the island looked like it had very little sand and no shade what so ever! (not very good for children) But what a beautiful afternoon, I really enjoyed it. And don’t worry if you forgot to bring drinks, they have a shop on the boat!Written August 5, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- great park spent lots of time here, only downside are some of the staff are rather rude especially the lady in the bar by kids area, great spot for dinner in the evenings if you stay at the hotelWritten September 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Excellent service ,lovely pub and restaurant with great cocktails and milkshakes.
Great meals ,and friendly staff ,very helpful and attentive .
Everything from snacks and tea coffee etc etc ....
Enjoyed our evening ,so much will be back soon. Jo SimpsonWritten May 21, 2022
- Such a lovely safe beach, golden sand and clear warm water which you can walk out a long way and it still be waist height. Nice grouping of sun beds,10€ a day for two with a parasol.Written September 28, 2022
- It was a ‘take your life in your hands’ drive down a single track road - but for 2 cars!!!! On the edge of a cliff with some really steep inclines and drops!! Luckily we went early (10.30am ish) and ended up following about 7 cars and no one was coming the other way.
When we got there the car park was full (it isn’t that big and trying to turn 7 cars around in a single track and drive back up the hills to find spot on the edge of a cliff with a drop, wasn’t the best! But we made it and there are car park attendants that came to help.
We got there!! The attendants send you towards their restaurant (there are a few). You can walk through them and onto the beach with your own towels and umbrellas, but as the beach is so rocky and there isn’t a lot of sand, only a few people did this.
The sunbeds were 2 euros each, and they were all good, we went in the shade, under the trees. The beach is still quite far from the beds, so you can’t sit and watch the kids play, you have to go with them (unless they are a bit older and you get the beds right at the front). It is rocky, there are a few paths that have been made to get you to the sand bit - where the water meets, but right under the water are lots of large stones leading to big rocks. Luckily the water is clear so you can see where you are standing but everyone does the ‘walking on sharp stones’ dance when they get out.
Obviously, because of all the rocks, this is an awesome place for snorkelling! Just a few metres out and you’ll see at least 5 different types of fish. Some are very friendly and like to nibble the dry skin from your feet and legs - don’t be shocked, they don’t have teeth, but you could see the fish going around the swimmers by their reactions (I found this on all the beaches in Zakynthos, not just here, but there are more fish here!).
This beach is different from Gerkas as they do have areas of turtle eggs but haven’t cordoned big parts of the beach off. They have put the frame above the eggs and people just avoided them respectfully.
There were lots of young couples in their 20’s / early 30’s. They played music on their phones, smoked a lot and were just a bit noisy. We didn’t get a family vibe here and there weren’t that many children.
The crepe restaurant was lovely and served burgers, lovely pancakes and great smoothies.
We stayed later than we would normally as we really didn’t want to meet anyone on the car drive home. We left at 5pm, we met 1 car but it was ok. We stayed in 1st or 2nd gear the whole way home and lots of holding our breathe - but we made it!Written August 11, 2022
- We have been coming to Zakynthos since 2016 & absolutely love this place. It is so special. We stay on the other side of the island, so only visit when we hire a car, but worth the trip
Our happy place - amazing sunsets and now has a lovely restaurant at Fondos - you won’t be disappointed.
My kids love jumping in - very young children may struggle as very Rocky & you need to jump in. Recommend rock shoes to save your feet!Written September 5, 2022
- It is must see in Zakynthos. Go there in the afternoon when the sun is shining through the coloured windows creating an even more holy atmosphere in this beautiful church.Written October 27, 2021
- We spent a full day with my family . The water quality is excellent and the scenery magnificent
There are available umbrellas , but you can bring your stuff as well .
Soft drinks and food is also available
Free parkingWritten August 21, 2022
- We had an amazing holiday. The hotel provided tea and coffee but not milk which would be an added bonus but we bought some from tge shop for under £2 so no big deal really. The staff were friendly and hard working. Our room was beautifully roomy, modern and clean. There is a kids club for the little ones. The food is great with several choices hot and cold. Activities also available for the adult's to join in with too. There are lots of comfortable sun loungers around the perimoter of the pool areas and also overlooking the beach on the Tiled deck area. The beach is simply stunning and the water clean. Stunning..Written September 22, 2022
- We went to Zapynthos on Celebrity Cruise ships and all they could recommend was Shipwreck beach. Banana Beach is a hidden treasure. With truly sandy beaches and chairs for only 7.5 Euro, this beach is also affordable. There are ample chairs so you don’t feel crowded. There is a sand bar 50 feet out that you can walk along. If going to Greece, do not miss this beach.Written September 13, 2022
- We hired a car whilst on the island for a short break and this wonderful view was on my bucket list . I didn't mind viewing from the cliffs or from a boat , but we had limited time so opted to view from cliff.
We had to queue to reach the viewing platform for around 30 mins, however after we left , there were coaches and cars tempting to turn in and it was chaos . The pot hole car park was shocking and for a while we were blocked in by inconsiderate drivers . The toilets were portaloos and in the words of a man who was exiting " toilet not very nice " was the understatement of the day !
It's an amazing place , but its popularity means it doesn't seem able to cope with the traffic . We were almost thinking it would be worth charging a few euros to spend on the boarded up toilet block already there and investing in the car park .
Word of advice .....go early !Written September 23, 2022
- One of the best water parks to visit… many rides to do and also many activities such as go cart , fish spa and many more .. there are also photographers taking pictures around the slides to capture the incredible moments which was fun .. food was ok
Tips : keep in mind that not all slides are opened all day , and also don’t forget to get your pictures early and not the time that you are leaving !
I would visit again !!Written September 9, 2022
- Absolutely stunning views from the top. The drive up is dicey to say the least, but at least you can say a prayer at the top! The monastery is gorgeous!! The lady in the cafe is so helpful and welcoming!! So worth a visit!!Written August 17, 2022
- and no stones to cross getting into sea.sandy. Nice looking beach bar but not used except for water.Written October 1, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Zakynthos
- The best day trips from Zakynthos according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Zakynthos : One day small group tour to Navagio beach Blue Caves & top view
- Turtle Spotting, Keri Caves, Marathonisi and Cameo Island Tour
- Zakynthos All Day Tour Shipwreck beach, view point-Blue Caves
- Zakynthos: early morning Shipwreck,Blue Caves and view point small group
- VIP Full Day Tour Shipwreck - Blue Caves