- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
32 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 32
What travelers are saying
- Left Fira at 10am arrived in Oia about 3 hrs 45 mins later. Hike isn’t for the faint hearted or unfit as sections are steep and uneven terrain. However for those who take the hike you’ll find spectacular views and get to see so many amazing cave houses, suites, apartments and hotels. The feeling of accomplishment at the end is good.Written August 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Beautiful spot, you can easily spend a few hours eating at the numerous restaurants, taking in the beautiful view, and watching the boats come in and out. You have to take the ~300 steps karavolades stairs to reach Amoudi Bay, but I’d say it’s worth it. Visit it at least once.Written August 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This beach was really crowded and very popular. It was soo hot! The time here was worth it though. You have to sit in the sand area unless you have paid for the sunbeds then you can use those. Be careful in the ocean because you will get a lot of sand stuck in your swimsuit and it will be very hard to wash it off later on.Written August 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Definitely recommend wet shoes! The beach is very pebbley and it is rocky to get into the sea and slippery. It can be hard on the feet and toes barefoot. You should definitely try snorkelling too, there so much to see in the water - lots of sea bream that you wouldn't know where there if you didn't have a look under the water.
The sand is very hot and there are lots of sunloungers linked to bars that customers can use for free. There are also lots of watersports activities you can make use of too, you can hire a boat with no need for a licence.Written August 9, 2022
- Interesting experience…but you have to walk quite a distance and usually is it in the middle of the day when sun is burning so I would recommend sun protection, hat and comfortable shoes
Although the view is amazing as well as swimming in not springs!Written July 31, 2022
- This was an adventure. First are the stairs down. Just remember they you have to climb back up. The first part up the rock is not too bad but after that it can get a bit challenging. I actually could not do the whole thing but my daughter did. She was so happy she made it to the top. She said however that getting up and down the top part really is like rock climbing. I watched some people head down in sandals. Would not recommend that at all. Not sure how well they did. The views however are so worth it. Just hold onto your hat because it gets pretty windy. If you like a good climb, do it..Written August 4, 2022
- On holiday in Santorini wanted a day out at the beach. It was a 30 minute taxi ride to Perivolos beach from Thira but well worth the visit. Lovely beach bars, comfortable beach beds and the sea was delightful. Be prepared for very hot black sand and deep water but a great break from the hustle and bustle of the calderaWritten July 11, 2022
- Don’t miss this beach, even only for the view, next to Akrotiri archeological site !
There are a few nice restaurants nearby by the sea which make it even more with the visit !Written July 18, 2022
- I've stayed at a nearby hotel and visited this place on a couple of occasions now. If you are fit and have stout walking shoes (trainers/sneakers) please go and visit this attraction. From the foot of the hill, follow the footpath up to the cave, spend 10-15 minutes there, then continue on upwards to the hill top. Be warned though... there's a hundred metres of tricky very loose pumice stones on a steep slope that you need to negotiate. At the top you can admire the view, visit ancient Thira or do what I did and walk down the windy zig-zagging road (rather than retrace your steps). It took me two hours altogether from Black Sands Apartments. Not recommended for very young, elderly or infirm.Written September 2, 2020
- If you have a spare day in Santorini it is worth doing a boat cruise for the day. You go to New Kameni which has a volcano and also get to swim and have lunch on another Island (Thirasia).Written July 26, 2022
- Amazing volcanic black sand beach with clear waters & some sunbeds (20€ per set) for quite quality time with loved ones.Written August 16, 2022
- Excellent place to escape away. Quiet, wonderful colors, nice view. Better visit until, or late September and October. Access easier by the sea.Written October 6, 2019
- What a beautiful place, but not a beach, or maybe a tiny one with black sand, and a huge white rock.
You can only get there by boat.Written September 23, 2020
- Its a very nice spot for a quick swim, there is no sand but small pebbles and a small restaurant at the bottom. A few fishermen houses are also around.
Unfortunately can be quite windy and there are a couple of plastic bags here and there.
If you are walking down, can be quite tiring to come back up and the road is very dusty.Written September 14, 2020
- This is quite a secluded beach, and a bit of a drive to get to and there is a bit of a hike from parking at the top down to the water. But if you want to get away from the crowds it is a nice place to go. There are no amenities around, other than the Katharos Lounge, which serves amazing food, but you should make reservations and have plenty of time to enjoy.Written July 31, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Santorini
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Santorini:
- Horse Riding to Black Sandy Beach
- ATV-Quad Santorini Experience Tour
- Santorini Wrangler Jeep Afternoon Convoy Tour
- Best of Santorini Experience One Day Trip From Mykonos
- Santorini Tour on Electric Bike