- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- up this hill to catch the views of neighbouring Acropolis Hill, as well as the sea view where, on a clear day, the visiual range is astounding. Relatively easy to climb with many dedicated paths to the summit and monument, where there is limited shade unlike further down.Written December 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A beautiful residential neighbourhood. So do keep the noise down, but the views and little alleys are beautiful. Basically just go up when in Plaka and you will find it.Written November 15, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This museum has interesting exhibitions of ancient Cycladic, Greek and Eastern Mediterranean history accompanied by interactive activities and audiovisual material.Written January 6, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you are visiting the National Archaeological Museum and fancy a break from historical sites this could be the place for you, especially as it’s only round the corner.
We loved our couple of hours here, the staff are super friendly the museum wasn’t crowded, and boy, have they got some cars!!Written October 13, 2022
- The Goulandris Foundation is a private museum for modern art, still quite new and an insider tip in my opinion.
Centrally located but somewhat hidden, it offers a small but really good collection of modern art (Schnabel, Ernst, Picasso, van Gogh, Gaugin, a Bacon triptycon, Rodin) and also many works of lesser known Greek artists.
Admission is unfortunately a bit expensive, but it's worth it.
Nearby is also the Goulandris Museum of Ancient Art, which is also very worthwhile.Written November 16, 2022
- The view is amazing, you can see the Acropolis and the Parthenon is right opposite, and you can see the entire city centre. It is the place of the ancient democratic meetings. We did the Democracy Games workshop and we voted like ancient Athenians!Written January 7, 2023
- Small but interesting museum about musical instruments and music from the region. You can listen to samples. Welcoming staff.Written November 7, 2022
- of this amazing collection, spread over seemingly endless rooms is an absolute must. Full-on displays of unbelieveable excellence.Written December 23, 2022
- One of the great coin collections in the world. The classical and Byzantine collections must surely be unsurpassed, and are presented in a novel way, not just chronological. But there are many other gems too, including some fine medieval examples from Germany & elsewhere. There is also a beautiful courtyard cafe which serves both the museum and nearby apartments. One minor drawback was the absence of a good guidebook or catalogue, and we were rather brusquely hustled out as closing time neared (even though there was time to spare).Written September 29, 2022
- It’s a lovely small museum that charts the history of an Athens based jewellery company with a wide variety of different types of Jewellery on display.
There is a lot to read as for each collection they give you a good insight in to the design process which is behind the collection. It was very hot in there when we visited so make sure you bring water with you.Written September 30, 2021
- I loved the visit but it felt short...
Very interesting and the 'tour-guides' where very informative.
My 11y-old loved that at the end of the small tour, they allowed to view a star through one of the telescopes. I'm not including many details in purpose - no spoiler !
Will visit again sometime.Written May 12, 2022
- Athens oldest cemetery is a beautiful and peaceful place to explore. It's full of fascinating history and stories. The grounds are well kept and the atmosphere is serene and calming. I highly recommend a visit to this quiet spot to anyone looking to explore the past and experience a piece of Athens' ancient heritage. 5 stars!Written December 24, 2022
- Visited this bar after seeing it featured on a TV programme. Visited on a Sunday afternoon and was surprised it was quiet so lots of seating to choose from. Unique decor with a wall of bottles and an extensive list of drinks featuring a long list of ouzo. We tried the Mythos beer (not as cold as expected) and a double distilled ouzo which was very smooth and worth coming back for to try again at a later date! Mezze also available.Written December 11, 2022
- We scheduled an appointment for a couples massage, pedicure, sauna, and fish pedicure. It was so relaxing and just really made a memorable end to our trip. Highly recommend!Written November 9, 2022
- Super friendly service. Fun souvenirs at great prices. My daughter brought a bunch home to furnish her student apartment. Entire experience was enjoyable.Written January 27, 2023