- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- Very nice place for sunset! But....there are SOO many people. Also, I don't recommend to use the cable car as the walk and the road to the top is very nice!Written January 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- up this hill to catch the views of neighbouring Acropolis Hill, as well as the sea view where, on a clear day, the visiual range is astounding. Relatively easy to climb with many dedicated paths to the summit and monument, where there is limited shade unlike further down.Written December 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The National Gardens are an excellent place to escape the craziness that can be Athens. There's plenty of spaces to sit, quiet corners to read a book, or busier walkways where one can people watch. The gardens also provide a quick link between several of the main tourist attractions...so you explore the gardens while still moving in the right direction to your ultimate destination. Spend time here in the garden to clear your head from all of the history seen throughout the city. Great place to relax.Written December 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We stopped here before making our way up to the Acropolis, and spent 10-15 minutes admiring the views of the city and Parthenon. Comfortable shoes with decent grip are needed to stray from the paved area and walk along the rocks. For me it was very special and humbling to stand where St Paul once preached, and think of how much has changed in the world since that time.Written November 10, 2022
- We had a tournament there for our Paralympic sport, Boccia, and everything was covered in snow! It was awesome.Written November 30, 2018
- Lovely setting , close to the city private beach!
Food is ok not very expensive, entrance fee 5 euros Monday to Friday and 7,20 on the weekends
Staff at the Bach / snack bars are polite and respectful.
The ones responsible for the sun beds not so much !
They never help to raise the umbrellas , they let people struggle while they are waiting to cash the money.
Not clean at all!!
Sorry tables and sun beds !!
They charge for a whole set of you require an extra subbed because you are a party of three and on the weekends this can go up to 10-20 euros depending where you are sitting .
The managers are nowhere to be found !
People use the side entrance and walk in without paying sometimes , which is frustrating to see if you have just payed yourself !
Rather disappointing experience!Written August 24, 2021
- It was a relaxing stop and a nice walk in the nature. There were lots of turtles and ducks in the lake. Worth a visit.Written June 22, 2022
- Nice area , becoming the in place for a sunny aftrenoon. Many bars and restaurants to choose from although pricey. Its a wonderfull place to see and be seen , BUT it has a hude dissadvantage. MINIMUM PARKING space and HORRIBLE Traffic to get thereWritten April 30, 2012
- Stayed here for one night and had an apartment that looked over bay and what a view. Not the best beach in terms of sand and facilities but an incredible view. Porto rafti is a secret kept by the atheneansWritten June 13, 2018
- A very nice park upon the Metro Station, with trees, routes and people walking around. Nearly is also a Japanese Garden!Written January 14, 2023
- Alsos is one of the landmarks of the Nea Smyrni area. Conveniently located next to the famous Nea Smyrni square, Alsos is the place where you can relax your mind and train your body. Place is crowded of people of all ages, at all times. Plenty of options from a simple walk around the trees to families with kids having fun at the playground area. Lots of people practicing all kinds of sports activities from running (complete circle 800m internal circle 500m) to yoga and Pilates training.Written April 7, 2016
- This monument, what is left of it, rests between the Metroon and Altar of Zeus Agoraios. It is known as the Monument of the Eponymous Heroes. These 10 heroes, each represent one of the 10 tribes of Athens. The monument consisted of 10 bronze statues representing each hero.Written December 28, 2019
- This was the best beach nearby Athena, we visited during our trip. Along the road are a lot of beaches with shallow water. We choose this one because it was not crowded at all and the water was perfect (clean and shallow). The beach has umbrellas, and a lifeguard but has no bathroom. There is a Shell across the street so you can use that bathroom. We also bought coffee and water from there. Along the road you can find free parking spots.Written August 12, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Athens
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Athens:
- All Day Cruise -3 Islands to Agistri,Moni, Aegina with lunch and drinks included
- Athens Bike Tour on Electric or Regular Bike
- Athens Electric Bike Tour
- Electric Bike Tour of Athens by Night
- Buggy Tour in Ancient Ruins and Temples around Athens-SOUNIO Poseidon Temple
- These are the best places for budget-friendly nature & parks in Athens:See more budget-friendly nature & parks in Athens on Tripadvisor
- These are the most romantic places for nature & parks in Athens:See more romantic nature & parks in Athens on Tripadvisor