- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
What travelers are saying
- We took the Metro to Thessios station and walked from there. Not a long walk at all. The grounds of the Cemetary are quite large and there is a lot more than just headstones and burial sites. We bought an audio tour separately to the tickets and that helped quite a lot with understanding the background story and what was inside the park. I would suggest buying a ticket to the archaeological sites for EUR30 which covers this site and many more. Take time to have a good look around the walls, the old buildings, fountains, gates etc. Really interesting and important historical site.Written September 6, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Athens oldest cemetery is a beautiful and peaceful place to explore. It's full of fascinating history and stories. The grounds are well kept and the atmosphere is serene and calming. I highly recommend a visit to this quiet spot to anyone looking to explore the past and experience a piece of Athens' ancient heritage. 5 stars!Written December 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Heinrich Schliemann was the man who excavated the ancient city of Troy and other sites in Greece during the 19th century. His methods were rather slap dash, but he helped to bring to the fore ancient Greece and Greek archaeology at a time when most focused upon Ancient Egypt. His tomb can be found to your left as you enter the First Cemetery of Athens and has am elevated position. The cemetery is well worth a visit, with many interesting grave and its colony of stray cats, but is a good 25 minute walk from the Temple of Zeus.Written September 26, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This attraction is the First Cemetery of Athens, but using the Greek, rather than the English name. If you search for that you will find, at present, 34 reviews. It's a calm and peaceful place, as one might expect with some interesting gravestones and a hungry colony of cats. There is no charge for entry, but it is a 30-30 minute walk from the Temple of Zeus.Written September 28, 2019