Marinas • Piers & Boardwalks
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 45
What travelers are saying
- The avenue along the Duoro river where you can take a boat tour of the Duoro. Lots of very good restaurants and naturally souvenir stores. Great for people watching. Also quite a few street performers, mainly singers.Written November 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We took a 12 hour day tour with a guide named Sofia at Viatour. She was outstanding. This is a unique wine region and should be a part of any trip to Porto. Our trip included a visit to 3 wineries for wine tasting, a lunch on the river as well as the boat ride on the river. We traveled in November. The scenery and history of this area is incredible. This is a "must do" for any trip to the Porto area.Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- You go way out Rua Boavista toward the ocean and you end up at the big city park which is a good place to get away from it all. The park ends at the beach and the ocean.Written May 20, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Lovely maintained and varied gardens with several distinct areas with stunning architecture and sculptures throughoutWritten September 15, 2021
- Nice public park in the midst of busy Porto. These are not formal botanical gardens, this is a public park. Clean and family friendly. Be sure to venture to the south side behind the arena for a spectacular view of the town and river, great photo op. Rose garden was not in bloom, but must be beautiful when it is. Safe and an oasis for peace and reflection.Written November 8, 2022
- This is good place to know more about fish and other dwellers of the ocean. I recommend to visit this place to everybody especially families.Written November 23, 2018
- Once we found this round the corner from our hotel we came back quite a few times! (We’d been recommended it by the guys at Porto Sailing Spot who we did a river trip with.)
Perfect place to sit by the ocean. We didn’t swim, quite rocky and a bit rough the days we were there but there were people dipping in.
Good food, fab hot Choc our friend said, enjoyed the salads and a nice bottle of wine. Lovely Choc mousse! Went for sundown dinner too, started outside and then moved inside once it got cooler.
Busy, staff sweet and helpful. All good.Written October 11, 2022
- This is a long stretch of beach along the Atlantic. We enjoyed our stroll here, but were surprised at the lack of beachfront development here, Really very few places to eat and drink nearby. Get here by bus from the city.Written May 2, 2022
- This green space with its commanding view towards Ponte da Arrábida is a good view point at any time of day but really comes alive in the evening when the locals congregate to socialise and watch the sun set.
One key reason why Passeio das Virtudes is the best spot in Porto for watching the sun go down is because it is festooned with eating and drinking establishments. There are two standard bars and two restaurants along its stretch, and now there is the recent addition of the Musa craft beer bar, all of which have outside tables. But then you can take your drinks onto the concrete platform of the Miradouro.
A great spot, don’t miss it when in Porto.Written May 16, 2022
- This is a well-landscaped park located in an upscale modern neighborhood. It is well used by the locals and very well-shaded so a good place to sit and relax.Written September 30, 2022
- Quinta do Covelo is a quiet park and is perfect for those who seek to escape the loud noises of the busy city streets for at least a while. We walked in the leafy pathways of this lovely park for a short time and found it quite relaxing. It would absolutely suit families with young children, as it has an area for them to play to their heart's content! Worth a go!Written August 21, 2019
- You will find this lovely park outside the historic center of town. It provides pretty green space for the densely populated residential area surrounding it. Good landscaping.Written October 3, 2022
- This is such a nice area! Right next to the Harry Potter Book Shop and near a beautiful couple of churches and other shops. The part is built up over another area, so the feel is excellent. It the location of the park that is so nice, but the park is unusual, too!Written August 2, 2022
- This is probably the biggest of the five or six beaches along the coastal stretch of Foz do Douro. It’s a nice stretch of sand but like all the beaches here is quite rocky and faces out to the Atlantic, which tends to be quite wavy, even on a fairly flat day, so it’s not ideal for swimming. There are no beach facilities so bring your own towels to sit on and umbrellas for shade, as you have to get here quite early to beat the locals who tend to sit by the few rocks that do afford shade.
No toilets but the Praia dos Ingleses bar and restaurant overlooks the beach.
Like all the beaches on this stretch it is west facing so ideal in the late afternoon and evening to enjoy the setting sun.Written May 13, 2022
- We enjoyed our meal and found the staff extremely helpful, in particular Tatiana Lopez who was very attentive and made great recommendations.Written September 14, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Porto
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Porto:
- Douro Valley Tour: Wine Tasting, River Cruise and Lunch From Porto
- 3-Hour of Porto Highlights on a Electric Bike - Guided Tour
- Douro Valley Semi-Private Tour with Two Wineries, Lunch and Optional Cruise
- Porto: Douro Valley Wine Tour Including Lunch
- Waterfalls, lagoons & old village in Gerês Park with Lunch Included