Points of Interest & Landmarks • Cemeteries
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Types of Attractions
Sights & Landmarks
Sights & Landmarks
4 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- A walk on memories, feelings, snapshot into the future. Its not sad, the trees, the smell of flowers sometimes mixed with no many candles, its like walking in a peaceful city of dead bodies but the memories are still alive. If you want to see how it is life after death its a unique place to say that maybe its not so bad.
Please visit it with sunshine, but specially close to sunset. From the graveyard to the river, a fantastic perspective of life.Written February 17, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A massive cemetery dating back almost 200 years and still in us and it is considered modern in this part of the world. Initially used to for the those killed during a civil war and cholera epidemic. This was an intriguing, if somewhat bizarre way to spend two hours one afternoon. The main attractions the thousands of family sites of all sorts, shapes and sizes. Generally quite well maintained and a number of the grave sites and monuments have fresh flowers and candles burning. Well worth wandering around, even if like me, you find the whole funeral and death monument think difficult to fathom.Written July 27, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I went here twice during my holiday. It was a very beautiful place with many mausoleums wonderfully designed. It was very creepy as I was virtually alone apart from a few cats. The place was huge I spent a good hour here and only got to see part of it. It's not a place I would normally think of going. It's full of wonderful architecture. A moving experience no doubt.Written May 4, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The raised cemetary and crypts of Cemiterio de Lordelo do Ouro e Massareles in Porto Northern Portugal is fascinating.
Two civil parishes merged to make this cemetary.Written October 30, 2017