- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Concerts & Shows
What travelers are saying
- On June 30th, 1793, Queen Maria I herself inaugurated this magnificent Opera House, as the previous one had been totally destroyed by the terrible earthquake of 1755. "Teatro Nacional de São Carlos" has been, since then, one of the most important and active Opera Houses in the whole world. Located at the heart of Lisbon's historical "Chiado" quarter, the theater can accommodate around 1,200 spectators in its luxuriously decorated interior. It is really extremely beautiful and has awesome painted ceilings. While in Lisbon, check its busy programme of operas and concerts. Mybe Verdi's "La Forza del Destino" or Donizetti's "Maria Stuarda" are being performed at this prestigious Opera House. Enjoy!Written March 31, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- CENTRO CULTURAL CALOUSTE GULBENKIAN is a wonderful cultural centre,I enjoyed my visit very much.The foundation is most famous for the Museum but the Ballet and Concerts also deserve attention.Written February 13, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A really high-quality ballet company. We saw them dance John Cranko's Milan "Romeo and Juliet" and it was excellent. A good traditional production with very talented dancers. Sadly the music was recorded.
The Teatro Camoes is a very pleasant theatre, with comfortable seats all with a perfect view. The only difficulty is finding the theatre on the large Parque de Nacoes site, as it is badly signposted. It's beside the river, at the southern end of the site, just beyond the Oceanarium. Seat prices are not at all expensive, and seats can be booked online. You then collect them from the box office in the 2 hours before the performance. There were plenty of seats available for our Sunday matinee (4pm).Written February 20, 2012This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Is a good theater to go to an occasional show. Beware when purchasing tickets as there are so seats where your view range may be limitedWritten March 18, 2019