What travelers are saying
- I haven't been to an aquarium before and didn't realise how interesting it would be.
Tip..check online entrance before you go. Online it was €10 cheaper than buying at the counter although when we mentioned it to the staff, they helped us to buy it from the Web.
Definitely worth a visit for adults and children..Written December 1, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Visited the zoo on our anniversary in October during our holiday to Portugal. It was a little challenging to find the main entrance at first because there was construction work going on. When we did get in, we were impressed with the look of the site and benefited from a discount with our Lisbon cards. Enjoyed that the zoo wasn’t busy either, so the atmosphere during the day was nice and peaceful. The cable car was a very unique experience - soaring past the scenery and some of the animal enclosures high up in the air. We’d never seen anything like that before and would recommend for people to do this as something exciting & different! The animals were great, we were so lucky to see so many of them up close and had many highlights from our visit. In particular, it was very special to see the giraffes, elephants and big cats at such close range. The dolphin show was amazing, we were in awe throughout! Trainers seemed great and the dolphins appeared to enjoy what they were doing, putting on an incredible display. All of these experiences made our anniversary extra special and we would love to return when in Lisbon again! An improvement I would suggest is the zoo having information by enclosures to identify the individual animals present with names, markings, their backgrounds etc. Would have also liked a greater range of merchandise to purchase in the gift shop. The on-site McDonald’s was also very good - friendly staff, easy ordering and clean!Written November 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Rode up here on the funicular and then the views are just superb. Great view of the castle and its such a nice area up here too. The funicular ride and then this area are complete 'Must Visits' for Lisbon.Written November 28, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a huge park and it is sited in the middle of the city. On a steep hillside, so the good strategy is to start at the top and walk downhill. Some nice flower beds, great views of the lower city, ends at the big traffic circle. All the tour buses come here to park.Written November 25, 2023
- Free entry on sundays before 2 pm but inexpensive at other times. A wonderful cornucopia of exotic plants tastefully combined to make its own ecosystem. It really is quite special and there's plenty to see.Written November 19, 2023
- Building art and architecture is beautiful and the history amazing. Natural exhibits are in renovation but a visit is still beneficial.Written September 17, 2023
- With the expert help of the front desk staff at the Meraprime Gold Hotel in Lisbon, my wife and I took the ferry across the river and then caught the bus to Caparica, which is a fun beach town. From there we walked to the beaches, which stretch as far as the eye can see. Great day trip from Lisbon!Written August 29, 2022
- Probably the prettiest park in the city, a manageable size, some gorgeous big trees and pretty flowers, lots of places to sit in the shade on a warm day, and lovely neighborhoods all around.Written November 19, 2023
- Excellent museum modest garden enjoyed the collections and the displays very interesting and well organisedWritten November 12, 2023
- Wow! If you want to escape the crowds and pollution of the city of Lisbon, you MUST visit here. It was an 8 € uber ride from the city centre there. It was extremely green and the trails were in excellent condition. The air smelled very fresh and you could not hear any noises except for birds. We hiked through some very beautiful woods. Very lush. Now, the trails are very confusing and we wish that they were labeled better. If you can, go to the visitor's centre and get a map. It is a very nice centre and the people working there are very pleasant. We hardly saw anyone on the trails which is unfortunate because it is so beautiful there. Did I mention that it's free?!?Written August 26, 2019
- A very grand garden in the center of Belem. You will surely see it as you visit the big tourists sites in this town near Lisbon. A good place to relax after standing in lines.Written November 17, 2023
- This miradouro is a nice spot with picturesque views, but not as popular as others. Ideal to stroll around and bask in the sun for a while. That´s what many people do but lying on the grass, despite all the notices around, with their earphones on or reading leisurely a book. The access is much more easier from the Campo dos Mártires, heading along a narrow treed street lined by some old villas.Written December 28, 2022
- Pretty gardens. A pocket of calm in the city. A little expensive given the small size but worth a visit. Free on Sundays.Written April 8, 2023
- Beautiful exhibition as part of the Lisboa Oceanario. Very picturesque and not a huge section so it can be seen in 15 minutesWritten January 19, 2023
- The garden is mostly grass and some trees. The only notable exception is a model of a floatplane in the southeast of the garden commemorating the first flight across the South Atlantic from Portugal to Brazil in 1922. Most people will head towards Torre de Belem after visiting Padrao dos Descobrimentos or vice versa and they will pass by the floatplane model on the way. This is the only thing worth seeing in the garden, if anything.Written June 20, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Lisbon
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Lisbon:
- Lisbon Hills Electric Bike Guided Tour
- Bike Tours Lisbon - Center of Lisbon to Belém
- 360º Lisbon: Helicopter Flight, Boat Trip & Old Town Walking
- Lisbon Go 7 Hills Electric Bike Tour
- Sintra & Cascais de E-Bike Tour
- These are the best hidden gems for nature & parks in Lisbon:See more hidden gem nature & parks in Lisbon on Tripadvisor