- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Monuments & Statues
Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Admission tickets from $3.22
Points of Interest & Landmarks • Fountains
Baixa, Rossio & Restauradores
Showing results 1-30 of 484
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful. My friend, who was born in Lisbon, actually has a relative living somewhere here but couldn't find him. The steep streets are quite the workout.Written December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We just saw this Gothic monastery from the outside because it wasn't open when we were there. It's very impressive.Written December 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Praça do Comércio (the Square of Commerce) is a large square plaza that faces the Tagus River on one side while on the other side there is a monumental arch, the Arco Triunfal da Rua Augusta, which has six columns and is adorned with statues colossal in size to be clearly seen from below. In the center of the square there is the Statue of King José I on his horse. On the side of the square near the arch there is a stop for trams and buses including those going to Belem. Definitely a place to visit if you go to Lisbon.Written November 27, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Have completed many stadium tours and this one ranks high in the list. The guide was very knowledgeable and gave us enough time to ask questions and take photographs including with the eagles. We even got a free fridge magnet as free gift when we completed the tour. We included the museum tour in our ticket which as you can expect is impressive with nearly literally hundreds of trophiesWritten November 22, 2022
- If you want to look out over the City for some impressive viewing, this is one of the best places to go. It's a bit of a hike, but worth it. There is a nice park with refreshments as well.Written November 11, 2022
- I stayed in Barrio Alto, it was nicely located and walkable to many sites interesting to tourists. It is packed with great restaurants like Soul Kitchen and Bar, I went back 4 times for the octopus, passionfruit cocktail and the chocolate mousse. The Lisbon Colors apts was very comfortable and cleanWritten December 2, 2022
- This is a fantastic viewpoint to see more of Alfama but due to it's angle it also takes in the vast 25 de Abril bridge that you can see rising high above the river and then entering into the city. This was my joint top Mirodouro of the eight that I saw. Breathtaking!Written September 27, 2022
- This is a very nice area. Didn't spend much time in it (no time to shop), but we stopped for coffee and admired the architecture and monuments (especially Praça Luís de Camões that separates Chiado from Bairro Alto).Written December 1, 2022
- The Nations park is a new neighborhood of Portugal capital in the northeast by the Tagus river. It was built for the World Expo 1998 and is easy reachable from downtown by bus, subway or car.
I'd advise planning at least half a day (with transportation) to visit the area highlights:
- Oceanario Lisboa (one of world's best aquariums, see that review),
- Telecabine Lisboa (scenic cable car ride along the Tagus),
- Science museum,
- Vasco de Gama shopping mall (huge) and bridge (one of the longest).Written July 4, 2022
- Beautiful building! Please take the time to visit, you won't regret it. A little bit of history, beautiful architecture and design, incredible 360 view from the top. The view alone is worth it. Sit up there for a while and enjoy the air. Keep in mind, there are a lot of stairs and it is colder/windy at the top so take the time to snap some pics on each floor if you need the rest and maybe bring a scarf or sweater.Written December 2, 2022
- This is a really cool area to look through unique art shopping, boutique restaurants, and cool cocktails.Written November 16, 2022
- I love this kind of palaces
Specially in Europe
Furnitures , decorations , curtains
Here I was so happy but little bit worry
Some areas needs renovations in emergency
Best way to support the history and arts is to come and visit
Let s goWritten December 3, 2022
- We drove this bridge a few times back and forth to Lisbon and my friend's family's town. The views from it are truly beautiful.Written December 1, 2022
- There is some incredible artistic talent visible here. From the world map inlaid in the front of the monument, to the sculpture that adorns the side, this is a must see. Historians and art lovers will all enjoy this experience.Written November 29, 2022
- Located on the opposite side of the Tagus River, this arch is the access to Rua Augusta of the Praça do Comércio and for this reason anyone who visits Lisbon walks under it. Arco Triunfal da Rua Augusta, has six columns and is adorned with statues colossal in size to be clearly seen from below. The colossal figures of the Glory rewarding Valor and Genius are on the top while four historical figures are represented as well. The two bearded figures on the sides represent the two main rivers of Portugal, the Tagus and Douro. It is certainly a majestic triumphal arch.Written November 27, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Lisbon
- These experiences are best for sights & landmarks in Lisbon:
- Lisbon Oceanarium Entrance Ticket
- Benfica Stadium Tour and Museum Entrance Ticket
- E-ticket to St. George with Audio Tour and Lisbon City Audio Tour
- E-ticket to St. George Castle with Audio Tour on Your Phone
- Jerónimos Monastery Tickets