- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
3 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- I am terrified of heights, and really not good doing something where I am not in control so I was a little nervous (to put it mildly) about this whole idea but decided to trust that my husband, as it was he who booked it, was not entirely insane. He had done a balloon ride some years ago so knew a little more of what to expect.
The whole experience was AMAZING. We were collected early Friday morning, driven to the outskirts of Bruges and very quickly found ourselves ready to climb in to the basket. We needed to be up and away qluickly as the weather was due to change a little later and Christophe and Martin (the ground crew) wanted to get the best of the day.
Climbing in to the basket was a little lacking in elegance but within a few minutes we were all in, another couple and a family group, and off we went.
Take off was so gentle, the ground just slowly got left behind, with no real sensation and then we were at the mercy of the air currents.
I started looking just at the horizon whilst I got used to the feelings, but eventually began to look lower and lower, eventually looking down and watching a rabbit running around in a field, with its tail bobbing around.
The sensations of movement & height are not easy to describe - they are unique, in my view - but I would say that if you are nervous there is really no need to be.
I can see how ballooning can be completely addictive, the peace, views and sensations are fabulous and not be be missed.
As you may be able to guess, I was also nervous of the concept of landing but we had a great experience, touching down gently and remaining upright. The worst bit of the whole experience for me was trying to get out of the basket - I had climbed out and needed to jump down about a 30cm - I really struggled to do it as it felt like I as jumping 30m to me! That shows what I am like with heights.
The morning was rounded off with champagne, breakfast pastries and a ride back to Bruges.
A fantastic morning.Written August 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic did this here16 years ago and then again last week it's even better! Best way to see the whole of Bruges and experience a Segway. Mattias was a great guide and whole family got to see areas of Bruges we haven't seen before. Many thanks hope you are still around in another 16years😁Written August 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Fantastic experience. Very different from the norm and well worth it. You pay entrance fee but it includes a cocktail/drink of your choice (very strong and delicious) at the end. Slightly surreal but I cannot advise a visit more strongly if you wish to see and enjoy something unusual.Written July 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.