- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
31 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 31
What travelers are saying
- I wasn't too taken by some of the art work but the windmills along the route are certainly eye-catching.Written July 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Koning Albert I park is about a 10 to 15 minute walk from centre of Bruges. The park has nice trees, shrubs, flowers, Riverside veiws and is well maintained.Written March 7, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We made the tour with M. Cristina Gutierrez and she was top! She transmits her passion for Brugge and her job to the tourists. We had great fun and learnt a lot on the Hispano Tour! I will recomend for sure!Written January 1, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I am terrified of heights, and really not good doing something where I am not in control so I was a little nervous (to put it mildly) about this whole idea but decided to trust that my husband, as it was he who booked it, was not entirely insane. He had done a balloon ride some years ago so knew a little more of what to expect.
The whole experience was AMAZING. We were collected early Friday morning, driven to the outskirts of Bruges and very quickly found ourselves ready to climb in to the basket. We needed to be up and away qluickly as the weather was due to change a little later and Christophe and Martin (the ground crew) wanted to get the best of the day.
Climbing in to the basket was a little lacking in elegance but within a few minutes we were all in, another couple and a family group, and off we went.
Take off was so gentle, the ground just slowly got left behind, with no real sensation and then we were at the mercy of the air currents.
I started looking just at the horizon whilst I got used to the feelings, but eventually began to look lower and lower, eventually looking down and watching a rabbit running around in a field, with its tail bobbing around.
The sensations of movement & height are not easy to describe - they are unique, in my view - but I would say that if you are nervous there is really no need to be.
I can see how ballooning can be completely addictive, the peace, views and sensations are fabulous and not be be missed.
As you may be able to guess, I was also nervous of the concept of landing but we had a great experience, touching down gently and remaining upright. The worst bit of the whole experience for me was trying to get out of the basket - I had climbed out and needed to jump down about a 30cm - I really struggled to do it as it felt like I as jumping 30m to me! That shows what I am like with heights.
The morning was rounded off with champagne, breakfast pastries and a ride back to Bruges.
A fantastic morning.Written August 10, 2022
- It was so easy and pleasant doing business here. It took 10 minutes from arrival until we were off on our way. Panyer bags were included in the price of €10 per day. Cycling in the area is also easy even if you're not very fit.Written August 31, 2022
- This was far above any expectation we had. Our guide was so personable and kept us safe the whole way. He was excellent in giving us information about important local history and architecture.
I felt we had all become good friends by the end of our Bike to the border tour from Brugge to Dammes and back.Written August 19, 2022
- I loved Bruges. A beautiful historic small town, it gave me a peaceful feeling, enhanced by the most beautiful experience of my stay, the boatride. Nice and slow, the stories, the views, a perfect way to unwind and destress. Not too expensive. Touristy, yes, but of the good kind, just offering a beautiful interesting experience to a traveller.Written September 24, 2022
- We booked this tour as a last minute plan, and so pleased Mika was able to accommodate us. We loved every minute of the experience, riding through the picturesque streets leading out of Brugge into the countryside to Damme, another beautiful town full of history and stories to go with it. We were able to enjoy other parts of Brugge you wouldn’t see on foot. Mika has a wonderful sense of humour, made the tour interesting and fun.Written July 7, 2022
- While our bike tour was unfortunately cancelled at the last minute, after some searching on the web we were lucky to come across Bens.
Conveniently located near the city center, my mom and I walked into Ben’s and were able to rent two bikes for twenty euros for half a day. (10:00-5:00pm). Ben ( I assumed was the very nice guy who helped us) made sure our bikes were the right size and showed us how the locks worked. He also showed us some potential routes to take.
The bikes were in good condition and the route he suggested was wonderful!
Overall a very positive experience. Highly recommend!
Side note: make sure to bring some sort of ID as well as cash for the rental ( they did not accept card)Written August 23, 2022
- Anna is the perfect guide, who is very flexible and adjusted the tour on the spot, because we already saw some parts of the tour ourselves.
Besides, she takes all the time for us and even extended the door even for us to show us even more, without asking more money or a tip.
She is an excellent guide which we highly recommend.
Henriette and Pascal
The NetherlandsWritten July 10, 2021
- Perfect! We rented 3 bicycles for a 5-days trip on the North Sea. We had new and good bicycles withwith a usefull basket, simple and kind contact on Facebook with the owner (Godaard I asked ypur name to Sofie but I forgot it), the price was very good. All was simple and, the most important thing, we had mo problems with the bicycles during our 100 and more kilometers. If you want to rent bicycles in Bruges, don't esitate to contact Pedalz. Thank you!Written July 22, 2020
- Helpful staff who gave great suggestions for what we could achieve in a 2 hour bike ride. Off we went to see windmills and explore the parameters of Bruges. Bikes sufficient for our needs.Written October 24, 2019
- This was one of the highlights of our trip to Bruges! Nico, our guide, was very knowledgeable and Fun! Also, you do not have to be an experienced rider as it is a flat ride on a bike path.
Definitely do this!Written June 27, 2022
- This was such a fun day out and a great way to travel.
We collected our bikes around 10:30am and paid for the entire day €20 each or we could have paid by the hour or €15 for four hours and with one of our party having shown a drivers licence, off we went.
Each bike was in perfect condition and we were provided with a helpful map.
My only criticism and the reason for 4 not 5 stars, would be that we didn’t think to ask for helmets but that they were never offered.
Damme was well worth the visit and easily reached in the main, along the canal path. Definitely a place to aim for to enjoy a leisurely lunch.Written September 3, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Bruges
- These experiences are best for outdoor activities in Bruges:
- Bruges Small-group Full-day trip by Minivan from Paris
- Discover Bruges by bike!
- Private Tour : Brussels, Gent Bruges, Dinant and Luxembourg 3 Days excursion
- Private Balloon flight over Bruges for 2 persons exclusively.
- Private Scenic bike tour Bruges countryside
- These are the best hidden gems for outdoor activities in Bruges:See more hidden gem outdoor activities in Bruges on Tripadvisor