Bars & Clubs
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
9 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- As we loved the architecture of the covered passage where café cum-second-hand book shop Livre ou Verre is located, we entered to have a look. The name of the cafe is a pun playing on the homophony between ‘livre ouvert’ (‘open book’) and ‘livre ou verre’ (‘book or glass’). We didn’t stay long because the place was too full to look at the books and the atmosphere was unexpectedly hectic. It turned out an early Saturday evening live music concert was about to start.
Livre ou Verre seemed to be one of the few lively spots in the beautifully refurbished late 19th century Passage de la Bourse. What a shame!Written December 12, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- You are in Belgium and you like beer. This is the only place to go. We went before and after a Hooverphonic concert at the Palais des Beaux Arts round the corner. The beer was ace and there was a punk covers band playing. Great service, decent prices and quite literally the only place to go in Charleroi for a beer or six. We come from the United Kingdom's 'Black Country' and this is Belgium's 'Pays Noir'. Everyone was nice but the city ain't pretty. But then again, neither is Wolverhampton.Written February 12, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Chapeau on Pl.de la Digue is a brilliant bar that offer's a great selection of well priced drink's and was one of several café's/pubs and restaurants we went to on a day out in Charleroi.
This is a superb bar with a superb well kept interior with many interesting features that relates to hats throughout the bars interior and superb seating options.We visited this brilliant bar early in the afternoon and this bar was fairly busy with a few locals in here having a few beers.
When here we had a Alken-Maes pils which where served in perfect condition and very well priced.This is a fantastic local bar in a great area of Charleroi and is well worth a visit and very easy to find from Place de la Digue bus stop its a short walk.
(This is my first review of Chapeau).
Place de la Digue bus stop.Written May 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.