What travelers are saying
- Just amazing, truly best massage
I always go to Michiel
Tried different places and therapists but I keep coming back to tension tamers. Travel from a different cityWritten May 4, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The space is so beautiful with lots to offer. I had a Swedish massage and it was so relaxing. My masseuse even gave me a face massage to remove tensionWritten December 3, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I got a gift card for a 90 minute aroma therapy massage and it was absolutely amazing! Mariana first explained about the various types of aromatic oils that I could choose from and then gave me a fantastic relaxing massage. I have had massages before but 90 minutes really makes a difference: I was totally relaxed afterwards. I think the atmosphere in Infinity helps a lot to achieve that: it is really nice, silent, cosy and friendly. I absolutely recommend this studio and I will definitely go back soon.Written October 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Never in my life a hot Yin class passed so quickly.. loved it! Not too hot, very relaxed music and a great teacher, NunoWritten October 17, 2023
- Living abroad, I carefully chose this studio for my 500hrs teacher training. Half a year later I'm a happy teacher and completely confirmed in my choice that Svaha was the best place for me. Authentic yoga, not just for the vigorous physical part where knowledge is thorough and injuries thus kept at bay, but also for the integration of the 'lost' aspects of yoga of philosophy and practical ethics. The chanting and choice of music are precious and totally in line with the depth of the teachings. Just love this place, unique and unparalleled.Written February 2, 2020
- Visited here for my birthday last week and it was lovely. We checked in and was shown to the changing area. We weren’t informed how the lockers worked, so after spending 10 minutes of figuring this out, we went for our massages to be told footwear must be worn, we wasn’t told this on arrival. We used the shoes in the lockers which were too small and made it difficult to walk in.
We opted for the party ready package. The massage and facial it self was indulgent, and very relaxing. We had an hour in the WET area following our massage to relax even further. It was amazing with the options of sauna’s, plunge pools, and jacuzzis. We were the only people in there for the whole hour which was great!
Overall lovely experience and would visit again for a little hideaway in the city!Written July 19, 2022
- The massage consisted of relaxing strokes combined with slightly painful ones (as is tradition in Thai massage) and stretches.
The interchange of each was what made it such a good massage.
On top of that, the lady doing the massage was so kind and lovely, making me feel immediately at ease. She was clearly passionate about the technique and even went over time because she wanted to make sure to get all tense spots.
This was one of the best massages I ever had.
I will definitely be going back.Written February 19, 2020
- Doing Pilates for 10 (!) years with Monique: never the same lesson, always very nice stretching and very good ‘core’ building. Monique is very good in explaining the exercises, notices the small mistakes I make and encourages the class to improve! She often gives lessons in English because of English speaking clients.
The Pilates lessons are given in a very nice place, calm atmosphere, with door that can be openend for fresh air.
I really can recommend these lessons!!Written February 24, 2020
- The masseurs at this place really take the time for you and know the secrets of a good massage. I tried different techniques and found Kama Marma Tantra Massage the best for me. They provide for everything, payment is by cash but there is an ATM around the corner, so that's good to know :)
Till next time, namasté, Paul (Belgium)Written October 26, 2018
- If you need a pilatus class, a personal Gyratronics work out or an other work out than dont miss this studio. Aleida and her trainers are highly classified to guide you through their classes.Written March 25, 2020
- Truly a hidden gem in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the city! Amazing program, great food and super friendly people!Written March 8, 2019
- Highly recommend this studio!! Beautiful space. Great classes and energy here!! Everyone was very friendly and well trained.Written July 13, 2019
- It’s a small yoga studio but it’s very clean. The temperature is very comfy and the teacher very professional. Highly recommended to all.Written November 1, 2017
- Modern and clean. Simple layout in this full room. The 9.30am class was at its capacity and the teacher did an above average hands on class. Well spoken in English and Dutch. Pablo handled the room with confidence and calm demeanor. Right next door to a beautiful organic super market. Awesome low €12 one week introductory rate.
I will return.Written December 14, 2016
- At just 20 minutes by metro from Central Station, this is a great location for a yoga class. Hot (Bikram) yoga as well as yin yoga is on offer. Nice, spacious yoga room , dressing rooms & shower facilities. Raw food and freshly made slow juices are on offer in the juice bar. Highly reccomandable!Written October 26, 2015
Frequently Asked Questions about Amsterdam
- These places are best for yoga & pilates in Amsterdam:
- Tension Tamers Massage Studio
- Studio Infinity
- AWAY SPA by W Hotels
- ITM International Training Massage school Amsterdam