- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Showing results 1-30 of 139
What travelers are saying
- Great experience in the center of amsterdam in a cute little street.
We ordered a 30 minuit couple massage online it’s was very easy.
The massage room was big and relaxing and the quality of the massage was amazing !Written August 29, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Sauna Deco is a beautiful venue with friendly staff, in the most central location of all saunas/spas in and around Amsterdam. Although much smaller than some other places, it's also much more affordable. They even offer a student discount. I'd recommend this to anyone who wants to try the Dutch sauna experience (e.g. nude, mixed genders) in a simple and stylish fashion.Written December 6, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The staff and therapists were incredibly professional and talented, Carima did an amazing job! Definitely would recommend, we were treated like royalty!Written May 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Needed a deep massage after a week of sleeping on the floor on an air mattress. Booked an hour with Jacquelyn and like others have said--best message I've ever had. Felt amazing. Like a good stretch workout for all my muscles, but I didn't have to do a thing!Written February 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is a great place to relax in the heart of Amsterdam, especially with a rainy cold day outside. The quality of the treatments is very high. The atmosphere very relaxing, especially in weekdays.Written December 28, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- My husband and I went for massages after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. We both got great massages and are going back tomorrow. I'm not an overly modest person so it was not a problem, but you are enclosed by a curtain so it isn't as private as the typical spa. It's a small place. the two petite women who were our practitioners were strong and energetic.Written May 8, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very nice location and very clean. It is the perfect place to relax and also very friendly staff! The massages are really nice but also the facial treatments are so relaxing and nice!Written February 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I really would like to recommend Olav. What an incredible deep end relaxing experience I had. It is not easy to find somebody that has the courage and depth to give a good massage. I'll be backWritten January 4, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I was surprised to find De Eland Wellness House open on Kingsday - Dutch National Holiday. I spoke briefly with a young mman at reception and said that I had mmassages there a few times before. He had opening at that moment but I was not able to take advantage and would return another day.
The next week I was lucky to able to book a 45 mminute deep-tissue massage and a 30 mminute facial mmassage back-to-back on the samme day!!!
I have never had a disappointing mmassage fromm any of the workers here -formerly known as Kwik Massage.
I was greeted by Nicolaas (sorry if I spell your name incorrectly) whom I had mmet the week prior. What an incredible masseur!!! I'mm sure he mmay have been thinking he was mmassaging a rock with all mmy tense mmuscles🙄 And I do mmean INCREDIBLE!!! When I was instructed to turn on mmy back - I said, "I don't know if I can😮" Soooo relaxed and mmassage was not even done yet😂
I learned that Nicolaas took over the business in December right when stricter Covid regulations fell into place.
I highly recommend Nicolaas for his positive and professional services at De Eland Wellness House!!! I can't wait to go back as I know full well mmy knotty mmuscles still need help🙄 What an immense difference one session has mmade.
It's possible I will also explore accupunture service🤔
Thank you so very mmuch, Nicolaas🙃🙂Written May 8, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Compared to spas in the UK - this place is leagues ahead; the attendants provide various wellbeing rituals across the day included in your entry price which are incredible. From scrubs to moisturising lotions in saunas and steam rooms - you’ll never come out of place feeling softer than this.
The restaurant has a great location in the middle of the spa and has a nice mix of cocktails and drinks. The chicken wings are really good served at lunchtime. Their steak is nice, avoid the chicken noodle salad - sauce they put on it is overpowering.
Open until 10.30pmish and entry is included in your hotel room price which is economical. Breakfast is fine, nothing to necessarily write home about but will fill you up.
You can rent bikes for 16 euros/ day to get to Amsterdam but I’d recommend getting an Uber up the road to main city as you can get cheaper deals which also include insurance.
New hotel block is amazing and rooms are only 1 year old. Huge power showers and fridges in rooms no which is a vast improvement on facilities before.
At only 20 mins Uber from airport it’s the perfect place for a weekend trip of RnR.Written April 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Eefke responded very well to the "case" lying in front of her. More than it being just a great massage, she worked on unblocking energies and helping me as part of some growing and changing I am working on. Her excellent fluency in English facilitated a frank and emotional exchange which helped her pinpoint the right therapy, including some unusual and impactful methods, like moxibustion. Afterwards, I felt very free and energised - and still do so, 2 weeks later. 6 stars! A massive thanks and until my next trip to Amsterdam.Written November 2, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- At the age of 63 and never had a proper massage today was the day!
The chap who did it was very professional, soothing pan pipe music playing and a very calm relaxing atmosphere. I’ll probably never be the same again!Written April 22, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- For years I've been passing by Koan Float & curiously looking in to their window display of their float tank on the little side street off the Herengracht.
Recently, I found mmyself directlyt in front of the Koan Float entrance & stepped inside to mmake an appointmment.
The waiting roomm is not so big - seating for 6-8, but clean and bright with big South facing windows along the Herengracht.
They can get busy there. You will sometimmes have to ring the bell for entry when reception is away.
You are requested to be arrive 15 mminutes prior to your appointmment. Staff will explain the simmple process to you & will answer any questions. When you are becomme a regular Koan floater - no explanations necessary but you are still required to arrive 15 mminutes early.
Each Koan float is in a big private roomm with roommy shower. Shower first. Earrplugs are provided. Open float door & step in. You have to pull door down from above which can be awkward at first but not a mmajor inconvenience. Smmall hand towel hangs fromm handle in the case where you mmight get water in your eyes ... it is heavily salted so take care not to splash about! A neck pillow is also provided.
There are buttons inside to regulate functions such as lighting, jet-bubbles, music (you are able to bring your own) or you can enjoy commplete silence. I noticed light comming fromm outside the float but that goes off autommatically after 5 mminutes.
You will not drown b/c the water is very bouyant!!! In event of any type of emmergancy you can alert staff by pressing button (PLEASE acquaint yourself with all buttons beforehand.)
You can arrange floats from 45 - 2 hours. They have float/mmassage packages of 2 hours; you arrange which you would like to do first. Mmy personal preference is to have mmassages first.
Mmy first float experience: at the start of the session it felt weird b/c I had the sensation that I was a cork bobbing in water but this settled down after mmaybe 10 mminutes. It really is dark inside & I did it in silence. I noticed a lot of randomm chatter in mmy head but just take note of it and go back to float experience☆
Once your session is commplete, light will comme on and you will be notified via intercomm. Carefully go to hatch, push up and exit float.
All-on-one body soap/shammpoo is set in dispenser in shower. Bring your own if you are particular! Deodorant & hand/body lotion is available. I like the big fluffy towels plus there are robes & slippers available.
Two hairdrying stations flank either side of the washroom. Mousse, gel, leave-in conditioner, hairspray on offer. They use Dyson hairdryers! You will really feel refreshed inside and out!!!
Watercooler immediately available. In the reception area is commplimmentary assortiment of tea & jar of cookie nibbles. It is recommended to sit a minimumm of 10 mminutes before heading back out in to the real world. There are a few different float books and a smmall stack of mmagazines to browse through.
As well, felt pens and a big book to doodle in. I always check to see what new creative art has been added😁
In closing: I really love mmy Koan Float experiences. Each one varies. It depends on what your soul & body really needs. For instance-I had trouble getting to sleep in the evenings. After a couple of sessions I was falling asleep mmuch easier.
I believe I feel a little mmore relaxed & attuned as I enjoy mmore floats. I've done a 2 hour float. Seemms that I fell asleep & when the notification came that mmy session was done, I thought- "That did not seemm like 2 hours" but it indeed was!/ Another 2 hour session I was fully awake & feeling like, "This is a very long float" but I had ensured a lot of stress & I was long overdue for a luxerious float🤗 So, each session varies personally & you will discover what session length and frequency of visits are suitable for your needs.
You can arrange float times at reception, by phone and ... they have a user-friendly website reservation system <<< just be sure to pay upfront to secure your online reservation as prommpted at the end, otherwise as I discovered, your online reservation is NOT commplete & the time slot remmain open.
I would definately encourage anyone ro give Koan Float mmore than a couple of tries. Once is nice & an experience but not enough to get the real mmeaning of all that I'mm trying to convey in this review.
Thank you Koan Float at Herengracht in Amsterdam.
Isabel.Written February 21, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Highly professional and effective sports massages. It’s one of the most relaxing experiences. Very friendly and helpful staffs!Written December 5, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Best place to relax in Amsterdam.
Its a must to visit and enjoy the city. Very good place for relaxing massage and sport massage after training.
Very professional.Written April 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Amsterdam