Top Attractions in Lugano
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- On the way to Lake Como, we were able to enjoy a two hour excursion to Lugano. Beautiful lake and charming town with a smaller, older church on the way into town and a large plaza with shops and restaurants.Written January 16, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- If you really want to get the beat views and lovely scenery this is the must cost while you are around lake Lugano it’s magnificent at day and night with all the bright lightsWritten December 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This old church and the paintings on the wall are really a need to stop into church. Easy to find worth it!Written January 13, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Get the Funicular, bus or drive up to the restaurant. From here You can see Milan cathedral on a clear day.Written July 17, 2022
- If you are not in a hurry then visit the park. Take a picnic basket and enjoy the view or take a dip in the water there is a small beach too. Just be with the nature and pristine waters.Written July 28, 2022
- Great square it’s a must visit while you are in Lugano saying that you probably will not miss it anyway .
Stop here have a drink or lovely Swiss cake and watch the world go byWritten December 31, 2022
- We took the boat across the lake from Lucerne and walked back along this delightful pathway. Some rough ground but we saw people with prams. Beautiful views of the lake.Written September 10, 2021
- Hidden gem just outside of Lugano. Tiny little fishing village with little swimming spots along the water front. I took the ferry to Gandria and walked back. Beautiful walk along the Olive Trail.Written July 18, 2022
- I spent two days in Lugano most of that time just swimming in the lake and sunbathing. The lake is absolutely beautiful with a pretty clear water. I travelled to Lugano at the very end of August and it was perfect timing as there were not that many tourists so the beaches were not completely packed. I had most relaxing time, staring at the ducks and swans swimming on the lake and adoring the surrounding Alps. To be quite frank, I did not expect to love the lake that much, but now I feel like I prefer the lake over seaside, mainly as the swimming is easier as there are not any violent waves. Which for me, who is not such a great swimmer, made a huge difference. And the water was very warm as well. The town itself is also very charming. I did not get to wander around that much, but it is very beautiful and clean, packed with cafés and restaurants. The people I came across with were very friendly and welcoming. I just wish I spoke better Italian so I could chat with them more. If you are considering visiting, I would say definitely go!Written September 13, 2022
- Three exhibitions in August can be seen at the museum.
The painters influenced by Ticino/ tessin regions in the 19th century.
My favorite visit.
The museum has a stunning view on the lake by the way and offers events all year through.
A bit pricey of you have no reductions..Written August 19, 2022
- Built in the High Middle Ages, this church was rebuilt during the 15th century.
It has an imposing façade in white stone, a beautiful main portal with a large rose window above it.
The interiors is divided into three naves, it has a painted ceiling, several side chapels and a few frescoes.
Worth visiting, if you are in the area.Written May 20, 2022
- A good place to stay. Especially for the swimming pool. And great for kids.
If you are a lake swimmer this is not for you. They don't allow you to go outside the surveilled area or you can't come back in.Written August 17, 2021
- Off the Esplanade behind a building facing a square is a little door and there it is. Helpful staff offering suggestions and providing maps etc.Written June 5, 2019
- Had a wonderful time watching the contest with my niece and my nephew yesterday. Keep up the good events @ the skatepark with the wonderful view.Written September 5, 2016
- Don't miss the exceptional photography exhibit at MASI from Thomas Walther from the Museum of Modern Art NY.Written June 2, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Lugano
- The best day trips from Lugano according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Italy and Switzerland in One Day: Lake Como, Bellagio & Lugano from Milan
- Como, Lugano and Bellagio One Day Experience
- Lugano, Bellagio and Cruise Experience from Como
- Lake Como & Lugano Day Trip from Milan
- Como, Italy & Lugano, Switzerland Exclusive Full-Day Tour (1h from Milan, 10:30)
Lugano Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 6:03 AM|