Top Attractions in St. Moritz
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Easy walk around Lake St. Moritz. Very picturesque. An alternative route is "St. Moritz - Meierei - Lej da Staz - Celerina / Pontresina" that can be found in Tour Portal Engadin.Written April 23, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A cabin trip you do not want to take when it is windy, well in place a sumptuous view .On the way up, you pass a spectacular start for downhill in the World Cup and the like.There is a restaurant at the top, but after being "robbed" of 100 CHF for lunch for a fast food-like lunch further down the mountain, we refrain. Skiing down Piz Nair is a long red run that lasts a long timeWritten March 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Easy walk with some slight slopes from Lake St. Mortiz. A small, quiet and peaceful lake. If you fancy a longer hike, consider the St. Moritz - Meierei - Lej da Staz - Celerina / Pontresina route.Written April 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Small, but a well structured museum. Slightly over priced but a great inspiring collection. Good for a mental floss.Written July 25, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Was able to park and walk onto the bobsled run area while the Swiss championships were underway. Very cool to see this sport up close and personal. Was able to go to the start line as well a bit later. Didn't splurge for the ride down with two professionals however as that was quite pricy.Written February 20, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- An amazing setting on the frozen lake in St Moritz surrounded by snowy mountains.
A spectacular event- horses racing on the flat and skiers pounded the snow at the rear of horses hanging on with coloured ribbons- so brave.
Blue skies , champagne and the best bratwurst in town
A grand day outWritten February 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Very interesting. Found on our walk.One of many different looking buildings. It is not a new building so was probably quite futuristic.Written September 29, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The tower is amongst the buildings in the shopping area of St Moritz. There is nothing that points to the building but one cannot miss it in the city center. A clock adorns the tower of the building.Written November 19, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The only reason we went there was because we stayed in Kempinski. Nothing special, but St. Moritz does not have a lot of night life, the casino was attractive to some. Dress code.Written October 7, 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Excellent way to fill a morning. Purpose built museum with wooden rooms from noble homes of the area. Lots of ancient painted coffers and even crystals found locally. Everything typical of the Engadine except archaeology. Many wooden ceilings exceedingly attractive.
Every visitor can have a little tablet computer in various languages to explain the exhibits without disturbing others.Written August 13, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- That's right- so you see that there is plenty to do and plenty of opportunities to explore and hike from this location.
I visited this location on my very first morning in St. Moritz, having arrived the evening before.
I walked to the Chantarella station in the middle of the town- in order to secure my hiking transport pass (yes- that cost more than a Buc, because I was able to secure lodging that was so much less expensive than a hotel). I had intended to then travel and hike to Muottas Muragl (see my review of that), but- hey- the funicular was in clear view and beckoning me to join and leaving in one minute, so that I did.
So in a few short minutes, I was out on the Corviglia ridge, high above scenic St. Moritz and its lovely lake (see that review too). Seeing the cablecar to Piz Nair as I exited the station was a "no brainer" for me- keep going up! [Read that horrendous event that happened to Buc up there too].
Anyway- in that area on the ridge, between the transport systems, there is a very very nice and cute little restaurant building with delightful food and very energetic and friendly and smiling helpful staff and waitresses- literally running to help all the customers basking in the sun and enjoying the spectacular views. After being refreshed and replenished and hydrated there and recovering from the event @ Piz Nair, I was ready to continue my 32 thousand step adventure of the day.
So then came the next few hours of wandering around up there on the ridge- exploring the various trails- I went part of the way towards the descent to Celerina and decided that i didn't like that, so i came back. Then I tried at least two other trails- one was the Children's Theme Trail and the other was back in the direction towards "under" Piz Nair, but I didn't like either of them, so I returned again. And yes- there was a big board schematic of the area and the trails, but the actual trails seemed to have inadequate signage.
So I finally decided to go down towards Randolins, a good two hour hike that has unobstructed views across the lakes for the entire distance. This- I did enjoy. It was a good pleasant not strenuous and scenic journey There were meandering scenic trails and cows and daring high speed downhill bicyclists. Again I found the signage to be inadequate and in order to stay on track, I ask fellow hikers coming from the opposite way for directions in order to arrive to my destinations.
Randolins- there is another name that one of my fellow travelers on the trail used- it begins with a T. At that place is a little cabin restaurant- another place to get refreshed- yes, I did that.
From Randolins, there is a chair lift to return to the bottom. I jumped and hopped on, holding my rucksack and my two trusted hiking poles. That ride was both much longer and more windier and colder than i expected. And there was nobody else on the chairs for the entire duration of my journey. Gliding only a handful of meters above the treetops was exciting.
On arrival, I jumped off and asked where was the bus. The attendant pointed to a street and parking spaces, swearing that the #3 bus passes there every few minutes.
He even came out of his office to point and to show me. But this was a total premeditated and intentional lie on the part of the staff member. So beware- if you descend to here, there is an additional almost one hour walk to get to the bus.... but hey- I didn't mind- it helped me get to my 32,702 steps.... but somebody should cancel the employment of that worker.
Summary- perfectly good and acceptable place for scenic pleasant hikes- a lot of variety. Good views- very scenic. Nice staff at Corviglia; deceitful staff at lower Randolins chair lift station. Suboptimal signage on the trails.
I was happy that i went, but it was my least favorite of my six full days of hiking here.
See my other reviews of my visit in Engadin and see here my many photos.
Thanks!!Written October 3, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We enjoyed our Mass here. We visited during Christmas time and they had a lovely nativity scene set up. Welcoming to tourists.Written February 18, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We had a great weekend in St. Moritz. We had an amazing experience in EnderSports. All the associates were super helpful and friendly. And Dario, our instructor from PassionSki, super friendly, went above and beyond to accommodate both of us, with zero skiing knowledge.
Thanks again guys, and hopefully we'll be back soon! :)Written March 20, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This is a delightful walk in the St ~Morizt area, we had not heard of Ursli but the children's book character is one we became fod of and have introduced to family.Written August 3, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about St. Moritz
- The best day trips from St. Moritz according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour from Milan
- Bernina Express and Swiss Alps 1 day tour, pick up near your hotel.
- Bernina Scenic Train & Lake Como
- Swiss Alps Bernina Express Rail Tour from Milan with Hotel Pick Up
- Tour Bernina Red Train And St Moritz