Trams • Public Transportation Systems
- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
147 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 147
What travelers are saying
- A friend in Orvieto suggested we park at Scandicci and take the Tranvia into Florence's central station. Even with GPS it was hard to find the parking area at the Scandicci terminus. It was harder to get back to the autostrada. But if you can figure this out, the Tranvia is quick, cheap, and easy - and there's a pleasant café in the Scandicci terminal.Written December 12, 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- I have had many great tour guides but Stephano is the best to date. He was knowledgable, attentive and his passion for the wine of this region is palpable. Highly recommend this tour but you mist have Stephano.Written August 3, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We bumped into this guy outside the dumo after a long day and couldn’t be bothered to walk back to our accommodation so asked for a lift. Best decision we made! So funny and so much fun and very informative!Written February 19, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We had a lovely and memorable day in Cinque Terre with Alessandro's guidance. He picked us up in a very clean and comfortable Mercedes van. After a beautiful drive through the country we stopped in the first of three towns. Alessandro helped us create a schedule and he was ready for our pickup at La Spezia when our day was done. It was a wonderful departure from the norm on our vacation and I'd happily do it again.Written May 17, 2022
- We were so lucky to spend 3 days with Beki on our trip through Italy. We traveled with our family of 4 (two adults and two kids) and these days were by far the best of our trip. Leading up to the trip he was responsive and communicative and worked with us to build the perfect days through Tuscany. We planned to go to CInque Terre on our second day but at the last second switched. He was flexible and had great ideas on how to spend a fabulous day in Pisa, San Gimignano and Siena with a stop a the most beautiful winery. Lastly, he took us from Florence to Rome and made the transfer enjoyable with a stop in Orvieto. Beki was fun, knowledgeable and great to talk to. The kids loved him too. When we return to Italy we will DEFINITELY be using Belitaly again! Wonderful experience all around.Written July 28, 2022
- This July I was in Italy with my family. Marco drove us all over : from Florence to Porto Santo Stefano, Porto Santo Stefano to Siena and then from Siena to Verona. It is well worth hiring Marco to drive you in Italy!! He is professional, kind, punctual and very knowledgeable about everything Tuscan. He also arranged some wonderful wine tasting and balsamic vinegar tastings. His van is modern, clean and comfortable. We will hire him again for sure. Thank you Marco!!Written July 22, 2022
- I can’t say enough great things about Filippo. He is a most patient man who answered all of my questions…for three years! The trip planning started before COVID and wasn’t able to take place until the summer of 2022! He helped me design an itinerary that allowed us to see quite a bit, but never felt rushed. His drivers showed up on time, entertained and educated us while we drove, and dropped us safely at our destinations. His driving service made it possible for our group of eight to see small villages in Tuscany that we couldn’t reach by public transportation, plus we could all enjoy the wine at each stop because we had a trustworthy driver who knew where he was going. We were very well taken care of with Tuscany Car Tours, and I would use them again in a heartbeat.Written August 1, 2022
- We decided to explore the Chianti countryside during our stay in Firenze, but wanted to sit back and relax as we drove, so we contacted Deluxe Limo Italy. Our Driver, Francesco, was perfect! Knowledgeable, personable, extraordinarily courteous, thoughtful and professional. Everything we were looking for in a guide to this remarkable area of Italy. And our car was amazing, comfortable and quiet. Our day was exactly what we wanted and needed. Grazie, Francesco and Deluxe Limo Italy!Written July 21, 2022
- Amazing day trip to Tuscany from beginning to end. Sergio, our driver was so nice. We could have asked for a better trip.Written August 2, 2022
- Hire in Italy has been taking care of our travel needs in and around Florence for the last 6 years. They are without a doubt the best. We have never been disappointed and have recommend them to our family and friends who have had the same wonderful experience. The professional, friendly reliable service is a true comfort to us travelers.
Adam, our recent driver, was more than helpful and certainly held up the fine tradition. By the way, the cars, SUVs are immaculate, roomy and comfortable.
We look forward to seeing them in September on on return to Firenze.Written June 24, 2022
- We had an all around positive experience with Chianti Drivers. We had booked a tour guide in Siena through a friend, so we requested a driver so that we could enjoy the trip, make a quick stop in San Gimignano, and then on to Siena where we would take the train back to Florence at the end of the day. Chianti Drivers was very helpful setting that up and did not pressure us to upgrade. With Simone, we got way more than just a driver! He was relaxed, personable, and a very good driver. Simone shared so much about the area as we drove - first out of Florence then into the countryside en route to San Gimignano. He had some amazing viewpoints for us - one outside of SG and another inside and high up, which was welcome because the tower wasn't open given the early-ish hour of our visit. He was patient while we took photos and kindly took some of us. Our destination outside of Siena at a private home was in a hard to find place on bumpy roads. Simone kindly called our host and got more precise directions. He went above and beyond and allowed us to have a beautiful and relaxing experience in Tuscany. The rates were very reasonable in comparison with other companies, maybe even on the lower side, but it is still something that feels like a luxury (for us), which I highly recommend. We will use Chianti Drivers again when we return.Written February 19, 2022
- The trip was very good, thank you Max for all your help. The tour guides were personable and informative, Massimo was an excellent driver. He’s knowledgeable and gracious and eager to ensure we enjoyed our travels. The cooking class was fine though not extensive, the truffle hunt was fun and the lunch which followed was exquisite. Overall, we had a great trip and would definitely use your service again.Written December 6, 2021
- Very pleased with the service they provide. One of my best excursions in Italy. Andres was very good.Written July 30, 2022
- We recently took a small group tour through the Santa Maria del Fiore museum, baptistery, and Duomo climb in Florence. We could not have enjoyed it more thanks in large part to the professional quality of our guide, Cosetta. She was extremely knowledgeable and conducted our 2 hour tour at a pace we could (as older tourists) keep pace with. We thoroughly enjoyed it and would highly recommend her to anybody considering a guided tour.Written February 26, 2022
- Thank you Giovanni, we had a very enjoyable tour with you in your Tuk Tuk.
We were picked up from our hotel and after checking where we’d been so far Giovanni took us on a 2 hour scenic trip around Florence and beyond. Giovanni spoke English well and was very friendly and informative. The Tuk Tuk was clean and comfortable, He also gave us a restaurant recommendation (at our request) and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal there later that evening.Written July 25, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Florence
- These experiences are best for transportation in Florence:
- Private Italy Route: Best of Rome, Florence, Venice and Milan
- Shore Excursion To Florence And Pisa From La Spezia
- Florence Private Transfer from or to Florence Airport, Train Station and Hotel
- Florence Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Andrea Bocelli LAJATICO concert ️ Limousine service ️ Florence
- These are the best places for budget-friendly transportation in Florence:See more budget-friendly transportation in Florence on Tripadvisor