- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
36 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 36
What travelers are saying
- The Hiking to the Crater is still closed (mid August 22), but you can do the roundtrip on a lower level.
Some locals told us if you really want to hike the crater you can go up from the back (which is illegal and dangerous).Written August 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wonderful hike with amazing views of water on both sides. Strongly recommend hiking up for the sunset. Take a headlamp for the walk back downWritten October 23, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Everything from start to finish was beautifully arranged. We sent an email for some information which was swiftly answered, and set us up for a 2 hour tour the next day.
We were picked up by Salvo and got introduced to our donkeys for the ride; Ronaldo, Stella and Nadia! After a necessesary introduction to our donkeys we got on the road.
Salvo showed us everything about the environment, life as a Sicilian and what it means to live a simple, remote life and reminded us that happiness is more than what you can see online. He showed us a local vineyard and an Olive Garden and how he tends to his land. Also, Salvo speaks a brilliant word of English so don’t be afraid of getting lost in translation at all!
No other words come up than that it was a totally wholesome experience that I’d recommend to anyone else to disconnect for a bit and feel honestly happy for the time there!
Grazie mille Salvo, hope you, Giusy and the kids are good and we’ll see eachother again!Written September 17, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We booked this tour from our hotel and after a bus picking us up we were taken to a small village up the hills and met our guide Antonio! What a man...he knows the place on his finger tips and was ready to answer all our questions and satisfy our needs. We highly recommend this tour especially with Antonio.Written July 4, 2018
- Neglected waste land.
Why you would find yourself here I never know.
A horrible bushland with abandoned dog, horrible thorny bushes and dryness.
There is no amenities, connections or signs of life. It’s like being in the Blair witch project.. just a lot hotter.Written July 12, 2022
- We took our MTBs but not really a good idea. Too many steps. Beautiful walking track with gorgeous views. Great for families (who like walking uphill) tooWritten August 20, 2018
- There is a car park at the bottom of the steps which already has a lovely view. If you are energetic you can climb the steps and get another stunning view and see the nice buildings. It was closed on our visit but apparently when open you can visit the caves underneath which have nice wall paintings from long ago.Written June 21, 2021
- This is a more adventurous path than the Punta Troia trail, higher and with better views of the whole eastern side of the island. Directions: Follow the main road south out of town. Fork left at the cemetery, or enter it from the road and pass thru the unlocked gates to reach the path continuing southward (the cemetery is fascinating to walk through). Within a few hundred meters on, lovely beaches are seen including Praia di Nacchi, and there is a trail marker (a single pole) with an arrow pointing uphill, follow that and then the path through the small pine tree woods, gaining altitude and then following the exposed trail up and southward (with switchbacks). At the saddle, continue to follow the trail on the right (western) side of the ridge, somewhat exposed in places but not dangerous. The views continue to get better. Pass one and then another stone hut. As you approach the final ridges, the seagulls will go crazy but none attacked us. Tremendous views. Our family of 4 took about 3 hours roundtrip from Marettimo town, could be faster if you wanted. Didn't see anyone else on this trail that morning.Written July 6, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Sicily
- These experiences are best for hiking trails in Sicily:
- Etna - Trekking to the summit craters (only guide service) experienced hikers
- Mount Etna Day Trip from Taormina
- Etna Wine and Food Volcanic Day Tour - Private Experience
- Etna at Sunset Half-Day Tour from Taormina
- Etna excursion and Alcantara Gorges
- These are the best hidden gems for hiking trails in Sicily:See more hidden gem hiking trails in Sicily on Tripadvisor