Showing results 1-30 of 344
What travelers are saying
- I have been living by beach places for almost all my life, but this location definitively caught my attention!
What an amazing place!Written June 26, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- While visiting Taormina we took the cable car down to the coastal front and walked along to the Isola Bella trail. We took the steps down to the beach front and then kept going until we came to the small island. To get across don't be afraid to get wet as you walk across the tiny casueway which is quite crowded with sunbathers. We then paid the 4 euro charge and followed the path which becomes very still and calming despite the crowds on the beach front. The trees of the island hide all the hidden paths you can take and buildings making it really surprising and enjoyable to discover. The look out points also give some nice views of the surrounding area with lots of boat tours passing by.Written September 24, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great beach, with nice blue-green colored water and clean. Also great for children because it is not to deep at the start of the beach, for at least 15-20 meters the water height is at knee/waist height deep. But not of the most beautiful in my opinion, mainly because (at least in mid July) it is pretty crowded and almost whole beach from start to the end has set up paid beach umbrellas and chairs ("ombrellone e lettini"), you need to get to the beach quite early (maybe at around 8 am) to get a spot at front if you have your own umbrella (but beach staff doesn't seem to be happy with that), but as I could see there was no table with information you can't have your own umbrella. The paid one with large umbrella and two chairs costs 15 EURO, they will try to sell you for 20, but you can deal for 15, at least in our case we could. There is no price list, must be one price for locals and another for foreign tourists. English speaking is so-so, but so far we didn't had trouble making an agreement.Written July 20, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Gooooooooo it’s Bella , very relaxing , rent table n chairs 20 dollars ( not many fish ) but you can snorkel . It’s very clear water , safe .Written September 23, 2023
- We came from Palermo for a 2-3 hours without booking a Lido (a spot in a private beach), Friday at 16:00. We were 2, so we bathed 1 by 1, saw other couples go together to the sea - I guess they felt safe enough.
The beach outside the Lido's is a small strip of sand (can be seen in the pictures) that was crowded especially by locals, but not too crowded.
The sea was extremely quiet, as a sea "hater" I did enjoyed my visit.
Remember that the downside of visiting the beach without a Lido spot - no showers or restrooms nearby.Written December 3, 2023
- Cala Pulcino was under mostly closed due to the risk of rocks falling due to the beach.
However positioned just beside the greatly famous ISOLA DEI CONIGLI beach, shares the colour of the water, the beauty and the African/Caribbean flavour.
it is another MUST SEE (if it is legal to do so), and hopefully the Sicilian Authorities will work on this.
It takes a good 25/30 minuted by walk to reach the beach, so it is another experience like to be in Arizona canyon or creek.
Fantastic.Written October 4, 2020
- Hi everyone ! My bf is Sicilian, he brings me there to surprise me and honestly this is the best sport to swim, to admire the beauty of Mother Nature. You are surrounded by mountaign and beautiful fresh air !!!!!!!!! Go there ....Written September 2, 2019
- Just returned from Sicily and we spent two afternoons at this great beach club.
The first day we went was with our grown up daughters and partners to celebrate our youngest daughters birthday.
My wife and I went again yesterday afternoon as it was our last day , we arrived at 1.30pm and we were charged €25, I didn’t think that was bad.
Love the big brollies that actually give you shade, the beach was lovely and the water in the sea was warm and crystal clear.
Didn’t eat there so can’t comment on it but for a day at the beach we loved it.
The only negative I can give is that the showers were very poor and could do with a serious update.
Our first time in Sicily and we will be back and will defo call in at this beach club.
CheersWritten September 20, 2023
- This beach is part of the vendacari reserve. When we visited in September we followed the signs from the main road. It is a dirt track / unmade up road to a car park that charged 3 euro. You then walk back to the entrance of the reserve where they were taking temperature checks, and recording visitor details for track and trace. Entry to the reserve was then another 3 or 3.5 euros( can’t quite remember!) per person. There is a family ticket but this is just for immediate family (eg 2 adults with children) it can’t be used for siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles etc (there was a long argument going on about this in Italian!)
You then walk into the reserve to the beach. It’s a good 20 mins when you are carrying all your beach stuff and in the heat (no shade) so come prepared. Eventually you get to steps down to the beach. The beach is a cove and very pretty, although being a nature reserve the sand had quite a bit of natural debris (pieces of wood etc) so don’t expect immaculate groomed sand. There are no facilities (as you would expect) so you need to bring EVERYTHING with you. It was very windy the day we went, not sure if that is normal so it made it hard to keep an umbrella up and there were waves in the sea- but still very nice for a swim. We didn’t explore other beaches on the reserve but good for at least one visit. However I think there were overall nicer beaches in the area.Written September 18, 2020
- In mid April ‘22 the beach was (a) littered, (b) 95% covered in seaweed and sea balls.
After a storm, just before Easter, it turned to 95% sand and just 5% seaweed - much better, but still littered.
No bins anywhere beyond the car park.
Public roads in poor condition, weeds growing everywhere, litter everywhere.
Hopefully better in the summer season ??Written April 25, 2022
- I will revirw this 4.5. First of all, fast service, food was very good and mostly drinks was fast and good mixed. Staff was amazing, friendly and helpful. English comunication is little problem, but u will get what u want 💪🏻Written August 4, 2023
- Loved this beach. When I visited there was entertainment too. You can rent beach chairs and there is a little shop where you can sit on the terrace enjoying a nice cold beer. 4 stars because there were a lot of jellyfish in the waters. Probably the time of the year as it seemed that way everywhere in FavignanaWritten February 27, 2020
- Passing from the pool through the narrow exit and looking into the deep through the mask, what a feeling! Don't miss the purple coloured algae inside.Written August 8, 2023
- The beach is small, with both rocks and sand. You can do some snorkeling and it is friendly enough for people who do not swim very well. It is way cleaner than Cala Francese. The owners are very nice. They kept on bringing snacks, coffee and wine to the people on the beach. Prices are a little bit lower than on the rest of the beaches and this one is very well kept. It is a very nice experience overall. In the afternoon the beach is in the shadow of the hill, so better visit in the morning.Written September 23, 2018
- Very good beach, very nice team. One suggestion: when people usually rent a space, it means that that space is private usually. When we went to Spiaggia Guidaloca, people from the free beach were sitting just in front of us and preventing us to see the beautiful view of the sea. This is a bit unfair and not nice, especially during COVIDWritten August 21, 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Sicily
- These are the best places for adventurous beaches in Sicily:See more adventurous beaches in Sicily on Tripadvisor