- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
Food & Drink
127 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 127
What travelers are saying
- I wasn’t aware this is a popular weekend at the Marsala wineries. I couldn’t find any reservation. I tried asking my hotel receptionist to help calling to make a reservation but she couldn’t connect with anyone.
I was about to give up and decided to try one last method - email (on a Fri afternoon 3:30p). Within minutes, I got an email from Noemi saying she could get me and my husband in the next day (Sat) at 10am.
I was super excited. The 1-hour tour was brief and sweet and we got our morning drink and ended up picking a bottle home. Too bad they don’t ship to US, but it’s all good.Written May 28, 2022
- The hosts were very kind. The wines, the food, the view to Taormina and the sea, everything was exceptional! Would visit again!Written August 13, 2022
- Very Nice short guided tour in English at eleven am. One Hour around visiting building and storage facility.
Tasting of a few different Marsala wines and family history included.
18 euros per person.Written April 5, 2022
- Pietro and Manuelo attentively answered all questions while providing our group with an informative and extensive tour through the meticulously maintained cellars. This was followed by a wonderful sampling of a number of Donnafugata’s whites and reds. One unanticipated highlight was meeting two family members......CEO Antonio and his mother Gabriella who is involved in the design of Donnafugata’s artistic and captivating bottle labels!Written June 13, 2022
- We did the Master class experience which includes lunch with typical and local Sicilian products and wine tasting of 3 different red wines! Amazing and truly authentic!
We would again like to thank Giuseppe and Valentina for there amazing hospitality. The food and wine are incredible. If you want a small and intermit young winery this is the one for you.Written October 3, 2020
- Celebrating my mothers 80 years day in Sicilia. Today we went to wonderful Benanti. Excellent wine, food and hospitalityI really recommend Benanti wineyard.
Great atmosphere. Good food and excellent wine. Thanks to our host, Bianca. We looking forward to taste the wine we bought. Great value for moneyWritten July 4, 2022
- This is the most fantastic wine tasting trip we have ever experienced. Alfredo is just so nice and friendly. He shows us around how he produces different kinds of wine and gives a lot of information. The presentation of the wine tasting is unforgettable. We taste 4 different wine. Alfredo prepares different Sicilian local dishes which goes with different wine. If you ever want to spend time in Licata, don’t miss the opportunity of visting Aziende Agricole Quignones!Written June 20, 2022
- Very enjoyable tour of the vineyard, their cellar and a tasting in a grand cucina! Our guide was bounding with enthusiasm about his product, the natural produce of the area and his home of Sicily. He naturally worked the room of maybe 16/18 guests making us all welcome and unhurried. A lovely way to while away some chill time!Written May 25, 2022
- Elisa and Emanuel were terrific hosts! Smaller winery with excellent wines. Modern wine making techniques. The Nero D’Avola Patrone is world class. Some very interesting history regarding the wine exports. The vineyards are about 5km away from the winery so no vineyard tour here.Written October 10, 2019
- This was our second visit, having had a wonderful time in October 2019.
Due to Covid the number of visitors to the winery are down, but the rooms are still busy, it would be nice to see other people than residents on the restaurant for dinner.
But the staff were excellent, very friendly, and efficient. We enjoyed great breakfasts, and brilliant dinners paired with their lovely wines.
Even went for a dip in the infinity pool that overlooks the vineyards and towards the coast.
We will be back!Written September 16, 2020
- What a lovely experience we had at the Planeta Winery. Our hostess Elena was exceptional with her explanations and hospitality.
Will be returning sometime soon.Written June 14, 2022
- We have visited Tenuta Palmieri as a family ,Corrado was really helpful in explaining all the wines and the pairing with the local salumi and cheeses. All wine, cheese, bread and tastings were great! Experience exceeded our expectations. The place and processes are very professional and clean! Big thanks goes to Antonio who explained and gave us a tour of the processing of wine. Will surely visit again! Highly suggested!Written January 24, 2020
- This was a wonderful experience. The place is beautiful and the visit was very well-organized. We had both a tour guide and the winemaker, which was great. The tasting was very good with a nice appetizer and the lunch was delicious, with more wine. They also took care of our 2 gluten-free people without a problem. Out group had 8 Americans and 4 locals from Noto and the locals enjoyed it as much as the foreigners did.Written November 29, 2021
- This is a small local winery in a beautiful setting. Wines were pretty good, although not the best we have had. The accompanying food was nice and complemented the wine. This was a very beautiful, small winery with a relaxing atmostphere.Written July 6, 2022
- Spending the day with Francesco "Frank" Amodeo was a grand highlight of our 8 days in Italy. I truly understand the value and importance of fine EVOO. Beautiful farm and Frank is passionate, honest, and committed to his craft. Not to mention that he has a fantastic, warm personality with a great sense of humor. VERY welcoming. WE expected to receive a "snack" but what we got was an authentic variety of home cooked food straight from his kitchen. And he smothered it in his EVOO. Delicious!!! His olive oil is so outstanding that I purchased 28 bottles for gifts at Christmas. Frank shipped them to me at a very reasonable cost. I promise. Spend the day with Francesco and you will feel like you have experienced real life in Sicily and that you have met your long lost cousin!Written May 4, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Sicily
- These experiences are best for wineries & vineyards in Sicily:
- Private 6-Hour Tour of Three Etna Wineries with food and wine Tasting
- Etna Countryside Food and Wine Lovers Tour (Small Group)
- Private tour of Etna and Winery Visit with Food and Wine Tasting from Taormina
- Half Day Sailing Tour Taormina Bay
- Godfather Private Tour with Option of Local Food and Wine Tasting