- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
10 places sorted by traveler favorites
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travelers are saying
- ust 15-20 minutes’ walk from the old town going down the promenade you will get to PO beach. To be honest nothing to write home about. Soft sand but full of rubbish, sea water clear but unfortunately heavily polluted by sea weed. No restaurant or bar open in October, however the facility such as clean toilets or showers available and open. But to relax and sunbath is OK if you do not want to get to beach outside Bari or just walk further around the coast to smell the sea and the far away places to travel to. Around the beach there is nice trail for good walk.Written October 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- A huge beach with all the amenities, beds, ample of changing rooms, toilets, snack stands and restaurant which was still open in October. Soft sand, clean water without sea weeds makes it nice for relaxing day. Suitabel for families with kids. As a free benefit you can watch planes lending or taking-off from the nearby airport. From the old town area it is about 45-60 minutes’ walk, or buses available too. TIP if you do not want to rely on the restaurant bring your food and drinks as there are not opportunity to get it around.Written October 26, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- The port of Bari is the Italian gateway to the Balkans. The passenger turnover is more than 2 million passengers, including 400 thousand passengers of 150 cruise ships. Infrastructure reception is in the port cafes, a couple of shops. However, we were ordinary passengers from the Ventouris ferry from Greek Corfu. Bari port is convenient because it is located in the city center. You can go by taxi and bus. there is a paid Parking 80 euros / week. However, we went on foot. The symbol of the city, Basilica di San Nicola is 1 km away. Besides Corfu you can get to another Balkan cities. Ventouris Ferries Company runs service to Greece- Igoumenitsa, Cephalonia, Corfu (8 hours) and also to Albanian Durres. Superfast Ferries has the routes also to Greek Igoumenitsa, Patras (more 15 hours, including stop in Igoumenitsa) and Corfu. You can sail to Patras by another lines - Minoan Lines. Using Azzuraline you can get to 3 different countries Montenegro (Kotor, 9 hours), Albania (Durres, 9 hours) and Croatia (Dubrovnik, 7,5 hours). Most of this routes are available only during the summer months. Services to Igoumenitsa take 9 hours, 30 minutes and also operate during the summer.Written June 16, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- On sea side of Old Bari there is a beatiful side of the sea devoid of boats, very nice liberty lampposts and many waterfowlWritten February 28, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bari
- These are the best places for kid-friendly nature & parks in Bari:See more nature & parks for kids in Bari on Tripadvisor