Top Attractions in Sirmione
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Castello Scaligero is an example of lakeside fortification. The castle takes its name from the Della Scala family who dominated Verona in the 14th century.
The castle is the dominant feature of the city of Sirmione and therefore it is not surprising that there is a big queue to visit it. In the castle you can see the main courtyard, surrounded by walls and towers. You can find the wet dock courtyard there too.
After visiting the Castello, take a stroll around the old town of Sirmione. There are shops, restaurants, gelaterias and pizzerias.Written July 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Notwithstanding the heat, it was fabulous to go through this area, imagining what life must have been like 2000 years ago. An area that is well preserved and worth the entrance fee.Written August 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- The historic center of sirmione is amazing, good restaurants and excellent hotels, all truly fantastic.Written May 21, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Wow! Loved the time we spent here. Great place to chill listen to some tunes and people watch. View is fantastic and would happily have stayed all day. Can’t wait to go back. Drinks reasonably priced and food available if required.Written July 2, 2022
- Well worth a visit. It's so peaceful and tranquil. The area around this little church is beautifully kept.Written May 7, 2022
- After staying in Sirmione for a couple of days and sampling some of the local sparkling wines we decided to take the short walk out to Ca dei Frati to where some of it is produced. The lady in the shop gave us several samples and was very knowledgeable about their products and needless to say we left with a number of bottles.Written September 26, 2017
- The last thing I saw during this mini-vacation. On the way out of historical Sirmione, it was lunchtime, the Church was empty so it was easy to say a prayer thanking God for 2 days well-spent.Written August 10, 2022
- Excellent food and good presentation of the wines and the winery. We had pic-nic in the vineyard which was delicious, served with chosen red wine. Great food and wine in beautiful farmhouse and vineyard. Warm and friendly hosts and employees. We had a wonderful evening 👌😊Written July 17, 2022
- The park is on your right side when you are walking from central Sirmione towards the Catullo Caves and Jamaica Beach.
The pak itself is not very special, but it is away from the crowded 'centro storico'.
A nice and quiet place to sit down and relax.Written October 21, 2019
- The first document talking about this church is dated back on 8th century, it is quite hidden and surrounded by houses so you can’t appreciate the beautiful porch.
The bell tower is not attached to the church few steps from the porch.
Inside with one big nave with acute arches.
Several beautiful frescoes are dated back in 15th century.Written September 3, 2020
- The spiaggia was a very small area just off the coastal walkway, but we did see several families enjoying a dip. The passegiata is a coastal walkway which leads from the back of the Scaligero Caste towards Lido Delle Bionde, which is a larger public swimming beach with a beach cafe/restaurant. Along the way, you also pass some hot springs at the lakeside which can be accessed from the walkway.
Turn inland at the Lido Delle Bionde Restaurant and find yourself near the entrance to the ticket counter for the Grotte di Catullo.
The walk took about 15-20 mins. There is little shelter along the way, bring a hat.Written September 17, 2018
- We visited one afternoon, not too busy, lovely pebble beach, popular with the locals, nice place to relax and enjoy the exceptional views.Written September 3, 2018
- We've visited Cá dei Frati before and were very disappointed.
At Agricola Sgreva we had a great time with very friendly and personal information about the different grapes and wines. Nice atmosphere, we would love to go there again!Written August 19, 2019
- Nice to be here and spend time for the day, walking up and down and experiencing the locals. Loads of benches to sit on and people watchWritten April 29, 2019
- We had dinner there on several occasions. The food is excellent and varied That speaks for itself!! Staff speak english and owner serves.Written September 11, 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Sirmione
- The best day trips from Sirmione according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Dolomites Full-day Tour from Lake Garda
- Verona and Lake Garda Day Trip from Milan
- Land of Venice: Verona, Lake Garda and Countryside Private Tour
- Private Full-Day Tour by Boat in Lake Garda
- Sirmione Lake Garda & Brescia, private guided tour from Milan