Religious Sites • Churches & Cathedrals
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- huge and beautiful, both inside and out. Set just inside the gate of the city wall, there are benches to admire and people watch.Written November 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Nice square in Vitoria with the symbol of the name of the city written in grass, probably because it was Europe's green city of 2012 and parks and nature is very important to them. The Old Town is very beautiful and well maintained, I liked and was positively surprised despite rainy weather.Written July 13, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Special... Wild nature. I love this place. Just walk and relax... Marvellous!! If u visit Vitoria, do not forget to check this beautiful area.Written July 9, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We went to the park to enjoy the park, nature and the Belen. Three wise kings to take pictures with and share the spirit of Christmas. Really nice park to walk, shame it was so cold!Written January 5, 2020
- If you like playing cards, it's a very recommendable place to visit. It is showed the process of creation and the history of cards. Besides this, the entrance is free. It's a good place to stay while it's raining outsideWritten November 10, 2019
- Vitoria's Fine arts provincial museum is as beautiful outside as in the inside. The entrance fee is free. Most of the art are paintings by Basque & Spanish painters with connections with the region. There is a strong interest in landscapes & traditions. The building is in an atractive avenue near magnificent houses and historic buildings. Big format paintings are in the top and middle floors by famous local artists.Written October 12, 2022
- 'New' cathedral in Vitoria. Neogothical cathedral only around a century old. The crypt is interesting and has nice stain-glassed windows. There is a free museum but we didn't have the time to visit. Staff was very friendly and informative. The cathedral is near a beautiful park. Don't get confused with the old & more interesting gothic cathedral of Vitotia in the old town.Written October 13, 2022
- One of the wonders Vitoria offers is a city sorrounded with beautiful nature reachable even for an everyday walk.Nature, excellent restaurants and great walks in nature. Vitoria offers the opportunity to enjoy the city and nature like very few cities I know.Written November 7, 2019
- Iglesia de San Miguel Arcangel was built in Gothic and renaissance styles and is one of the most beautiful churches in the city. It is well preserved and a must see attraction located in the summit of the Old Town.Written July 19, 2019
- Just by wandering the streets you will come across several of these murals, all interesting and not so out of place in this medieval city.Written October 17, 2017
- During your visit into the historical centre of Vitoria-Gasteiz, you will pass pieces from the “Medieval Walls” of the village, this because the location who are accessible for the public are only a small part of the walls. Vitoria was in the medieval time a “Walled Enclosure” fortified, into the “Middle Ages”. It was built in the late 11th century and on the moment, it retains about half of the total volume. And after they had analysed the remains they discovered that the foundations are corresponding to the first wall who was surrounding the town, but that they were older than the founding of the city. Anyhow it is nice to walk around and to discover such places and such remains in a town.Written May 22, 2018
- The city has a lot of mural paintings. They are well-done and you can stroll through the city discovering them.Written July 31, 2020
- This is a very fine example of a typical spanish plaza, with its square form, lateral galleries and buildings around. Well kept in a nice city.Written October 9, 2019
- Totally surprising display of sacred art brought together from all of Alava province to show what unique objects of art can result if people unite belief with craftsmanship and love of beauty. On display are a collection of special reliquaries presented as busts carved in wood and painted in vivid colors which remained alive even after hundreds of years, silver cult objects (crosses, chalices, etc.) and of course statues and paintings from the early christianity to 18th century with important pieces from the centuries in between. Simply beautiful!Written October 19, 2017
- Vitoria-Gasteiz, capital of the Basque Country, is a lovely city with bars serving pinxtos with drinks. These are traditional snacks and locals move from bar to bar sampling the variety of snacks on offer. There is a tourist train which is well worth going on, as it takes you past many of the various murals painted on the side of buildings. It is, a lovely walk around the city, trying to spot the different paintings. The church of the Virgen Blanca in the main square is well worth a visit, with photograph opportunities with the bronze statues and the Vitoria-Gasteiz sign. The bar Dublin is worth a visit, as is the Irish pub directly opposite the cathedral. Take a walk around the cathedral’s gardens for photos with the bronze bull and crocodile. Visit the market and department store El Cortes Ingles, then relax with a beer or a coffee on the market terrace.Written August 6, 2018
Frequently Asked Questions about Vitoria-Gasteiz
- The best day trips from Vitoria-Gasteiz according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- La Rioja and Vitoria Wine Tour with Winery Visit
- Vitoria Guided Tour with Rioja Winery Visit from Bilbao
- Luxury Basque Coast Private Tour
- Basque Country Full Day Tour from Bilbao
- Luxury La Rioja Wineries Private Tour
Vitoria-Gasteiz Attractions Information