Popular things to do
- Walking Tours
- Bus Tours
- Architectural Buildings
- Culinary Tour
- Cultural Tours
- Points of Interest & Landmarks
- Day Trips
- Half-day Tours
- Churches & Cathedrals
- Wine Tastings
- Historical Tours
- Airport & Hotel Transfers
- Likely to Sell Out
- Specialty Museums
- Top Picks
- Luxury & Special Occasions
- Sporting Events
- Special Offers
Top Attractions in Bilbao
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- We have visited Bilbao twice now and the Guggenheim is always a priority. Great collections, especially the “Motion” collection with some amazing cars.Written July 31, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A great local bakery the is frequent by the locals from early morning. Breads and cakes baked on the premises and good friendly staff .Written July 16, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Other than the market that sells produce, there's a food court with multiple stalls selling delicious pintxos and pastries. I personally much prefer this than the bars. It's clean, it's bright. It's opened all day long. You can get pintxos from multiple stalls at the same time. And the price is very fair.Written June 10, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Do not miss this museum. It puts the Guggenheims regular collection to shame. They have spent lots of time thinking about ways to display their collection and special shows. We spent well over 2 1/2 hours there. Do not miss this museum.Written June 24, 2022
- This is a pinxtos haven. Every bar is vying to have the best pinxtos and the place is buzzing. Stay away from the squid ink croquettes unless you have a strong stomach!!Written August 4, 2022
- An ex warehouse with a fab redesign. All the pillars holding the building up inside are art works in their own right. Really clever idea. There is a terrace on the roof with some nice views but alas nothing up there - a shame. Would be a great place for a restaurant.Written May 23, 2022
- Always a delight to go and see! Our 3rd visit to Bilbao and always walk to see the Puppy, this time with our new puppy!Written July 29, 2022
- Begona Basilica ; a nice basilica I visited at night. I climbed stairs to get to the basilica and enjoyed its beauty at night.Written April 23, 2022
- I had visited the museum before and on this occasion I just wanted to take pictures of the "Giants" They can be seen in processions during fiesta's
As far as the museum is concerned, in order to get a real taste of the Basque Region, the museum is a mustWritten September 11, 2020
- A really lovely park centrally located in Bilbao....lots of places to sit with shade when needed! Great to walk through to other parts of the City, and of course good when you are travelling with a dog. Very impressive fountains, that apparently can light up at night, but we did not see that!Written August 2, 2022
- Their is a busy spot, probably Bilbaos biggest and most central plaza along the Grand Via. It has beautiful buildings on all sides with a striking central fountain and lovely floral displays.
It's very busy with traffic but still lovely to walk around once yiu watch out for the cars!Written April 25, 2022
- Hubby and I were unsure of how we should take the hop on hop off (every country differs). By the way it is called Bilbao City View and One can pay on the bus and just continue with them. (We were told at our hotel that there was no hop on hop off bus :/)We needed information on also travelling from Bilbao to Zaragoza. We visited this office. Very clean, cooled with from the air-conditioning. Was very welcoming. Organised. One takes a ticket number and lines up, practicing social distancing of course. There were quite a few workers to assist and believe me they were VERY helpful, pleasant and spoke english. Information re bus and train etc. Just ask, they got the info. Thank you for your service!!Written August 6, 2021
- I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to this beautiful old cathedral right in the heart of the Old town, Casco Viejo
For €6 you can get a combo ticket for this I d the nearby San Antonio Church, also beguiling. Its cheaper for students and OAPs. But €6 is great value as yiy get a comprehensive audio guide that takes into every nook and cranny, chapels, sacristy and main nave.
A stunning cathedral and a fascinating history lesson into Bilbao and the building itself.Written April 25, 2022
- The Teatro Arriaga Antzokia is located on the opposite bank of the river to the railway station. I did not go into the theatre as there was a performance on, but its commanding position alone makes it catch one's eye. It is in a Neo-baroque style and is Bilbao's opera house, but it also holds concerts and theatre. There are tours of the interior for the modest price of €5 at the weekend.Written November 17, 2019
- If you want to learn about the history of Bilbao and like really well made model ships, this is the place for you. It is small but there are some amazing models and the dioramas are very good. As the name states, it is the maritime history of Bilboa.Written June 16, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Bilbao
- The best day trips from Bilbao according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Bilbao, Guggenheim and Gaztelugatxe Small Group Tour with lunch
- Architectural Rioja Wine Tour from Bilbao (small group & lunch included)
- La Rioja Boutique Wine Tour - 2 Wineries & Picnic Lunch (From Bilbao)
- La Rioja Wine Tour with Two Winery Visits with Wine Tasting from Bilbao
- PRIVATE La Rioja Tour of 3 wineries from your hotel in Bilbao