Points of Interest & Landmarks • Architectural Buildings
Popular things to do
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Its a must.Amazing beautiful cathedral in the centre of the city..so much history.beautiful photos inside.Written November 23, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is a beautiful old town perfect for wandering around. It is filled with medieval and Bavarian buildings plus a few Roman remains. There are lots of shops and restaurants too.Written September 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Anytime you have an almost 900 year old bridge still in use today you have to take a look at it and marvel at the engineering. It is a relatively plain bridge but it has been doing it's job for an awfully long time.Written September 27, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful place. Was a bit hard to find but worth the effort. We were greeted at the door and sent down a spiral staircase after paying the entry fee. The downstairs area had marvelous posters highlighting golf history. An adjoining room had display cases of every variety of golf balls and more posters. the next adjoining room had more marvelous stuff and an assortment of golf cartoons. Finally the last downstairs room had more wonderful memorabilia to explore. It was absolutely worth the effort to find.Written November 2, 2023
- This is a beautiful church to see in person. It was not included in the Viking walking tour which was a shame. It’s the oldest church in the region.Written May 20, 2023
- Beautiful Baroque church. Several people are buried here, including Saint Wolfgang and Queen Emma of the East Franks. The crypt is Romanesque, which contrasts with the ornate main church. A nice, peaceful place to stop in.Written August 10, 2023
- We stayed right here by the Arch hotel ! Highly recommend as its so central and a very good breakfast to top it upWritten June 26, 2023
- We went to the Regensburg tourist office and got tickets for a 2:00 PM English tour of the Rathaus the next day. The Rathaus was first constructed around 1270 AD and was the local seat of government. The interesting guided tour went to 3 meeting rooms, the dungeon and the torture chamber.Written August 17, 2023
- Worth the detour to the edge of town. Definitely one for those who love Romanesque architecture, unexpected history of Scots in Germany.Written August 5, 2023
- There isn't much to see of the Roman fortifications here but I love seeing anything Roman so it was worth it to me hence the 4 stars. Realistically if you aren't a big fan of the Romans you can skip it. 2000 years later and it looks like the wall could still take a ballistae bolt or onager shot.Written September 27, 2023
- You like museums? Then plan to be here all day. They have a wide variety of historical items from across Bavaria over a wide range if time.Written May 4, 2022
- While the ancient city of Regensburg might be better known and offers the most sights and old buildings, do not forget Stadtamhof. This part of the city is also and absolutely justified part of the UNESCO heritage.Written April 3, 2023
- Your good city bus tours will include the area. Make a point to be prepared with your camera because there is so much that you will want pics of for future reference.Written December 17, 2019
- This was a stop on our walking tour and a very interesting building. The painting of David and Goliath has been restored from the original and is very impressive. We were told it was the last of such buildings to have paintings of this nature in the city.Written May 16, 2023
- Nice platz on the way to the Dom. Lot of locals gather in this area. Some restaurants around as well. Worth a quick pictureWritten February 4, 2023
Frequently Asked Questions about Regensburg
- The best outdoor activities in Regensburg according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in Regensburg on Tripadvisor
- The best day trips from Regensburg according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Prague-Munich One-Way Sightseeing Day Tour
- Munich-Prague One-Way Sightseeing Tour Bus
- Regensburg Private Guided Day Tour from Munich by Rail
- Private Tour from Munich to Regensburg, Danube Cruise with Traditional Lunch
- From Munich: Regensburg by Limousine
Regensburg Attractions Information
|Monday 2:05 AM|