Mountains • Ski & Snowboard Areas
Top Attractions in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- I am so fearful of heights. I got on the lift with everyone else. On the way up I was sick. Going over the supports causes the lift to rock bit. But honestly once up there it was so worth it. Do take a minute if you feel woozy once off the lift. Going back down was easier for some reason and absolutely exhilarating. So worth it.Written September 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Cheap and wonderful trip. Would take half a day aside if you walk and want to take a break and take in the view. You get a discount with your Kur ticketWritten September 30, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Ok so 90% of us men are childish so I’ve decided to add photos rather than any rude or crude comment.
This place is beautiful and just over an hours drive from where our hotel is in Fussen.
It’s well worth the drive and at just over £40 (after conversion at English bank) to go up and down on the cable car it’s great value.
The views and walks from the top are wonderful, lots of benches and seating to relax and take it all in.
A couple of nice places to eat and drink on the top, absolutely gorgeous and worth the time and money.
And if you’ve taken the kids and they’re bored and have been good, then take them to the Alpine Coaster 20 minutes away (Google map it) then view it on YouTube, it’s a brilliant way to end the day
Me and the wife are in our mid fifties and did it, even though she had her eyes shut all the way, it’s brilliant, what a day!!Written July 12, 2022
- Alpspitz, is a 1575 m mountain with a two stage chairlift, near Nesselwang, Our Konig's card entitled us to one free chairlift up and down per day. It was a lovely, sunny summer's day so it was very crowded at the top level, though there are some nice walking paths. Great views and naturally air conditioned on a hot day.Written September 5, 2022
- A great region of Germany to bring a family Skiing! Lots of various runs and lodges to suit all budgets. American Friendly.Written March 5, 2020
- The platforms are really good, in their X formation, with one above the other. Both offer good views, accessible to most people. But the best views are afforded by hiking some of the trails.Written November 2, 2021
- We enjoyed our walk here. The buildings were beautiful and so unique. We also ate dinner at one of the restaurants. But we arrived too late to go into any of the shops. Great stroll.Written June 26, 2022
- Wanting to hike, but hopefully still experience and see some snow, October was a wonderful time to visit, as many of the trails are still open and the high peaks were snow-covered. Beautiful area.Written November 2, 2021
- There is free and cheap parking nearby and it is worth stopping for 10 or 15 minutes just to observe and admire... Quite a spectacle...Written November 2, 2021
- Can't help but pull the car over and find your way to it... Those ski jumps just pull you in. A wonderful site and must have been a special occasion.Written November 2, 2021
- We did this hike in the pouring rain which meant that there was no view but it was still worth it. We were short on time and really wanted to an alpine hike. It is a steep climb but beautiful scenery, even got to see an Alpine Salamander. The only big downside was the unfriendly hosts at the beer garden. They wouldn't allow us to sit under cover on their veranda and eat our own picnic. Their veranda is the only under cover spot at the top so was frustrating in the rain. Other than that it was a worthwhile trip.Written September 13, 2018
- The Catholic St. Martin parish church was built during the first half of the 18th century in southern German baroque style.
The interior is wonderful with marvellous paintings and stucco.
Admission is free.
A (small) donation will always be appreciated.Written January 21, 2022
- lovely breath-taking experience
going up and down with a magnificent view with the family was just classWritten September 12, 2021
- gets crowded good place to ski on a quick vacation to area but get crowded on holidays and often not b best weather conditions.Written June 29, 2017
- The Zugspitzplatt is an amazing place, incredible view of the German and Austrian Alps. When the Weather is great you can see the mountain peaks in Italy, Switzerland. Always a wonderful trip up to the Zugspitze which is great for skiing but also if you don't choose to ski. They have great food, pretzels and beer.Written February 12, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- The best day trips from Garmisch-Partenkirchen according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- A Full Day Private Tour of Neuschwanstein Castle from Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Zugspitze - Germany's Highest Mountain - Day Tour from Munich
- Private Full-Day Tour of Neuschwanstein Castle from Innsbruck
- Neuschwanstein castle tour from Oberammergau village
- Magical CHRiSTMAS MARKETS: Innsbruck & BEST OF Tyrol EXCLUSiVE TOUR from Munich