Points of Interest & Landmarks
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- Beautiful hiking trails around the area and lots of different trails to choose from. The views from the higher parts are amazing! There are wild boars at the lower trails so be careful.Written April 9, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We drove from St Tropez through San Raphael. As others have said, the red rocks in contrast to the blue sky and very blue ocean is gorgeous. Each turn brought yet another incredible view.Written June 21, 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Somewhere interesting which is cool,welcoming, just to sit with you thoughts. Set in the town but near the beaches and harbour.Written October 22, 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We enjoyed the visit to Musée Louis De Funès.
The museum is small but packed with things to watch and read. It’s best if you know about Louis De Funès previous visiting.Written July 4, 2022
- The view under water is amazing! At least 50 meters. Lots of fish, no wonder because they are fed from the boat. Great activity with small kids!Written May 5, 2023
- With a westerly wind some 12 knots this was the perfect place to anchor the boat and enjoy a gentle lunch on-board bobbing about. For the adventurous there is even a water filled cave on the west side to nose into ensuring total calmness! Fits up to 12 m long and 5 m wide boat. Be careful of the the shelving rock on the port side going in and the large rock underwater inside on the starboard side (90 cm of water)
Inside 3 meters depth and loads of small fish darting about underwater the day we wentWritten September 13, 2018
- Apart from a building of Historical significance, the museum has lots of individual exhibitions... there was F. Scott Fitzgerald when I was there... it is free of charge... and would still be worth a visit if chargeable... and it also has the best view of St Raphael if you climb the bell tower.Written September 20, 2019
- We have done several times the beautiful Esterel, but had not gone down to the many small beaches at the stops. This calanque at the exit of Antheor was the best one.
Gorgeous views of the red rocks over the pristine blue waters. Well protected cove. Very romantic.Written August 10, 2022
- We went to the Jardin Bonaparte on our day in Saint Raphael and walked along the promenade where there were lots of stalls selling a huge variety of odds and ends.
The actual gardens are well structured and laid out on top of a car park, what a great way to hide a necessary evil and not spoil the seafront.
It looked like they held concerts there as well although we didin't get a chance to stay in the evening.
A very pleasent place to spend a couple of hoursWritten October 24, 2019
- Agay is a village with a few hundred inhabitants in the French municipality of Saint-Raphaël.
It’s a small seaside resort, located on the Bay of Agay and the foot of Rastel d’Agay, one of the peaks of the Esterel massif
The beach is great and the sea is clear. It’s located in the southern-france between Saint-Tropez and Cannes. They’ve enough showers and beach beds to lay on. The sea is clear with no garbage in it. You can even snorkel to see the beautiful fish around. The weather is always good marking it perfect to go to the beach.
It’s hard to find a place to park your car. Near the beach are parking lots, but they’re always full with other cars. It’s a very well-known place and that's the reason why it’s very busy.
There are great restaurants nearby. It is a great place and perfectly located for the catering industry, you can find everything here. Also in the city’s nearby, what is only 5 to 10 minutes driving are fantastic restaurant to find. It’s specialised in sea food, for example mussels.
This place is definitely recommended, I will certainly go here more often.Written October 13, 2019
- I went to dive there with beluga plongee, the boat is located in "port Frejus". We were only three divers and we had a very good time. We saw lots of fishs and it was an easy dive at only 15mibn from the port. For this range of boat ride it is probably one of the best dive in Saint Raphael. I like better the "pyramids of Dramont" but it is a longer boat ride or you need to drive to Dramont.Written December 29, 2011
- We were staying in St Rapheal and chose to take the local bus and then walk to this vineyard. It was a beautiful walk through countryside and didn’t take too long. We arrived at the top and wondered where are the sea views, however after being met at the door and taken through to the terrace we were not disappointed. It’s spectacular.
We then sampled one rose, two white and two red and chose to purchase some red and white. On leaving we spotted some sparkling that we hadn’t noted on the menu and were kindly given the opportunity to taste two kinds…the sweet was not for us but another bottle was purchased .Written September 25, 2023
- Wonderful exhilarating scramble up & down rocks & across several beaches from St Raphael to plage du Dramont which took 3 & half hours
You need to watch your footing or else you could trip or get sprained ankle
Other walkers seemed mostly localsWritten May 30, 2023
- This beach is an alternative to the main beach of Agay. Baumette is sandy, so ideal for children, and rimmed with red rocks which provide good opportunities for snorkeling. After a storm, great amounts of seaweed accumulate on this beach which are often not immediately removed. The clearliness of the water depends on weather conditions. If you want crystal clear waters even if the sea is a bit agitated, better drive into on of the calanques further east of Agay.Written October 6, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Saint-Raphael
- The best day trips from Saint-Raphael according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Saint-Tropez, Port Grimaud & Golden Coast Small group full-day Tour
- Saint-Tropez and Port Grimaud Day from Nice Small-Group Tour
- St Tropez et Port Grimaud, Day Trip from Monaco Small-Group
- St-Tropez Day Tour from Cannes Small-Group and Shore Excursion
- French Riviera Colorado by Train (Day Trip from Cannes/Nice)