- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
58 places sorted by traveler favorites
Showing results 1-30 of 58
What travelers are saying
- When you are enough with beach and sunburns, have a walk quarter mile from the seaside to enjoy quiet and fresh air.
In this park is also lacated a small antic like outdoor stadium where play many famous singers, groups or plays or one man showsWritten December 12, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Very beautiful beach, the sea water was cool but we had been spoiled by the sun and the blue sky, a lot of family, charmingWritten August 29, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- It is very beautiful, the place is very big, the host is very nice and there are all sort of plants. There is also a small game which is really nice to play. I think I've stayed there more than 2 hours, I totally recommend it, especially to those who love nature and plants.Written May 25, 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- As with most of the Office De Toursime in France, the staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Although we always like to practice our French, the staff here spoke very good English. We were given very precise information regarding cycling routes to attractions in the surrounding area.
Very helpfulWritten October 9, 2014
- A later dinner in La Baule took us to the Barrière Casino. For 25€, we had a mojito, a burger and chips ( nice size and good taste) with 50cl rosé, a bottle of sparkling water and a café gourmand for my husband and a thé gourmand for me.a pity it was a mint tea! The staff was nice. We got 10€ on a ticket to go playing after dinner. It cost 60€ for the whole. Nice evening.Written June 24, 2018
- When you get there you meet a very special atmosphere, all people around there are working on the project of the moment. Today they were working out of the hangar to be directed to the workshop, for instance.
I went there long time before, today were not the same planes on display. This means this is a really live museum.
See attached pictures, the today's menu was 3 very interesting planes, first of 'em a French Air Force SNCAM 1101 Ramier (this is pigeon specie name), second comes a FAF too 7 cylinders Morane Saulnier MS 317 from 1935, and third is a funny yellow WAG Aero Sport Trainer baby plane from 1937.
All people there are passionate ones, you can move around without they pay attention, this is freedom, but if you ask anything they are very pleased to help and answer your questions.
This is the kind of place that you can find in some French Aero clubs, issued from a long time French aeronautical tradition.
This is a must see and change from the pleasures of a sea resortWritten September 26, 2019
- We went there to see an art exhibit that was showing. The space is located right on the main street that goes north/south on Charles de Gaulle Street. The area is super animated and very nice. The space is basically an old church but it's not always open.Written July 20, 2021
- You can hardly notice this small statue when you ride on the Ocean boulevard but once you have noticed it it looks fine and elegant.
Il has a golden plated look shining in the sun but unfortunately the location of this masterpiece is not the best choice. It should have been selected a much more visible place to enlighten it.Written September 26, 2019
- This is the place where people living or in vacation at LA BAULE use to meet to buy fresh food : fresh fish and seafood (oysters, lobster, crab, mussel etc.) plus fruits and vegetables, local cake specialties, famous honey, cheese corners, deli, meat, catering etc. All around the market stand little casual clothes and shoes shops and many "cafes" (local coffee shop) where you can enjoy a café or better if you get around lunch time, a snack such as raw oysters on the shell with a glass of Muscadet, the wine produced around Nantes, 50 miles East from La Baule.Written August 24, 2019
- My favorite part of this long and sandy beach is the esplanade Benoit as it is pedestrian and a bit safer for children. The beach is well kept and very clean, easy to walk for eveyone. Some nice beach restaurants as well and activities.Written June 20, 2021
- They made the buzz with the opening of this bran new reshaped swimming pool at La Baule.
The opening came late (February 2020) on schedule (October 2019), so you could expect everything would be perfect. No! it is still on training stage, teams need practicing to fit and even with that some major misconceptions will not be solved.
And moreover this is not a cheap place, even if you buy package tickets, the discount about 10% less doesn't make it a good deal however.
To be improved:
- the opening hours that already changed from the last month and are much less convenient, signs about regulations have not been posted yet as they should be, then staff needs to explain and explain an explain to people who play the game to argue as if they cannot have some self control behavior.
- when asked questions staff's answer is this is new, we have not been told yet,
But worst, the main drawbacks are hard to solve :
- swimming lines are not that many and too narrow then it is hard to cruise with the swimmers coming down the same lane, and I doubt they will tear down this brand new basins and building to enlarge the lanes ...
- no parking lots have been planned for visitors by car or even riding there by bicycle, what a shame!
- some weird details such as a palm tree in a pot in the spa pool that climbs to the ceiling that doesn't fit only by 1 yard from a roof window pane, maybe the builder did not match the architect scales?
The good features: nice cabins and lockers room, lots of showers and 2 spas, one indoor and the other one outdoor at the second floor.Written March 10, 2020
- This is the big community center for all kind of events at La Baule but I must admit I am not really found of this architectural style like at the time architect were building concrete with not many ideas what to do with, then it is cold aspect outside and inside. But it is a famous event location.Written September 26, 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about La-Baule-Escoublac
- The best outdoor activities in La-Baule-Escoublac according to Tripadvisor travelers are: See all outdoor activities in La-Baule-Escoublac on Tripadvisor