Top Attractions in Pays de la Loire
What travelers are saying
- It’s good for us to pay visit Franch vacation time in Europe. Thanks for friendship with my touch tours there.Written November 26, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Some time ago, by chance, I viewed a YouTube video of the creations of Les Machines & was intrigued and amazed by what I saw. I didn't know where they were located nor anything more about them. In planning a 3 week road trip through part of FR with my husband & looking for a stopping off point between Bordeaux and Mont Saint Michele I saw Nantes. In exploring what to see & do in Nantes, to my amazement discovered Les Machines de L'ile. OMGoodness what a magical exhibition of creativity and engineering. We were/are absolutely mesmerized by their imagination and genius. Although the city of Nantes is lovely and we enjoyed it very much, the true reason to stop there is Les Machines des L'ile. We will remember it as an extraordinary highlight of our trip to France.Written October 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Amazing place with great nature. It is pretty large garden, perfect for walk and relaxing time. we saw many various plant species as well as few animals…Written November 19, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An excellent place to pass a good time. It is full of joy, clean as well as huge. A very appropriate place for both families and individuals. Highly highly recommended.Written November 4, 2022
- It was an excellent visit with the History of the castle detailing the History of slavery in Nantes.Written January 9, 2023
- In this Castle is one of the finest works of Mediaeval Art that you will find, the 15th century Apocalypse Tapestry. It is more than 100m long and 4.5m high and tells the story of the Bible's Book of Revelation, mixed with contemporary political messages, in exquisitely designed and crafted tapestry. It is a quite extraordinary insight into both the development of art at the time and the importance of the interweaving of biblical messages into the stories that support the rulers of the state. It is displayed in its own special gallery, constructed in the 1950s.
We went out of season, in November, at lunchtime, so we had the place to ourselves and followed the story on the walls with the audio-guide. Quite compelling.Written December 15, 2022
- So impressed! Everything is so well thought out, from the magnificent enclosures to the animations. We could get close up to all animals and there were numerous areas to stop and take pictures.Written August 25, 2022
- We were there on a boiling hot day so it was a welcome relief to discover so many shaded areas and walkways. The animals looked well cared for and the highlight of the day was the seal display which was well worth seeing. Great day out for all ages.Written August 15, 2022
- This was our second visit. Back in 2018 you could feed the animals from you car during the drive through. Apparently not this time which was a pity. I wonder why they have stopped this fun thing to do?Written September 12, 2022
- This is an ornate and beautiful shopping passage set over three levels with an ornate staircase in the middle. It is a must see whilst in town.Written September 20, 2022
- Advertised as the biggest tank museum in the world with the only working King Tiger left in the world. Easy to find and very easy to spend an hour or two. Well laid out and well worth a visit.Written September 16, 2022
- 5th or 6th visit. Absolutely brilliant and enough to keep the whole family busy all day. Compared with English alternatives, excellent value for money. Shame they don’t do ice creams!Written August 28, 2022
- Stunning art, must see when you’re in the city. It is located very close to the beach, so it is very easy to get to.Written August 26, 2022
- Well that's one off the bucket list. Ever since watching the Steve McQueen film 'Le Mans' I have wanted to visit this circuit. To see the cars and feel the atmosphere in the empty grandstands was just spine tingling. I'll have to make a return visit for the actual race weekend.Written November 30, 2022
- Fantastic day out. It's not cheap for a family of five - €95. But, you are on the go all day. We went for the three game option, as the little ones were unlikely to want to visit a haunted house!! Absolutely perfect for young families. Wear appropriate clothing as you are on your feet all day. Ideally, bring a packed lunch. Food options are limited and expensive. We spent six hours there and were not bored!! So refreshing to see interactive games that are genuinely appropriate for the whole family. A perfect place for a family day out.Written August 25, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Pays de la Loire
- The best day trips from Pays de la Loire according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Musée d'Orsay & Montmartre - Exclusive Guided Tour (Reserved Entry Included!)
- Nantes Like a Local: Customized Private Tour
- Paris and Saint Germain Half-Day Tour with Seine River Cruise
Pays de la Loire Attractions Information
|Local Time||Tuesday 8:28 AM|