- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
What travelers are saying
- I can not praise Northenden Golf club enough. I had my husband’s surprise 40th party there. They were so accommodating, allowed us in from early morning to decorate, provided a dance floor and made us feel so welcome. On the night of the event the staff were superb and helped make it a relaxed atmosphere. The venue space is fantastic, it was very clean and a very reasonable price for alcohol. The food was absolutely delicious, everyone was raving about it… they even refrigerated the left overs so I could pick them up on the Sunday! It literally was the perfect venue with perfect customer service and made it a perfect memorable evening. I definitely will use here for any future parties.Written November 16, 2021This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came for a wedding and found it was a lovely venue. It’s a shame we didn’t get to see much of the outdoor space as COVID had delayed the wedding to the winter from the summer, but the separate dancefloor/welcome area and table/bar area worked well (though it’s a shame there was no quieter space as you could hear the dancefloor everywhere).Written April 18, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We came in to have a drink after we got off the train. Nice bar, very clean. Good quick service. Lots of tvs around to watch the football. Toilets downstairs very clean. Would come here again and it’s not in the hurly burly of Manchester but down a side road near the canal.Written May 4, 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Pitch and putt. Pretty cheap activity which is a rare find these days. £8 per person. book online. when you arrive go to the entrance across the road from Sainsbury's. there was person on the gate. he directed us to a full car park but he told us we could use the overspill carpark which is almost next to it. you still need to pay for parking. go into the café pavilion facing the car park and speak to the café staff. they check in your booking. we had our clubs but no balls. It cost £5 for second hand balls. I forget how many we were given. I think 3 but could of been 5. to get to the pitch and putt area you need to go out of the café and walk right up the path as if you were going into Heaton park. (if you turn right at the side of the café you will end up on the full golf course.) on the left you will see a sign for pitch and putt. then there is a steep (uphill) dirt track path. we booked a noon slot and it was busy. had to wait for each hole. There's 18. its a big ground but the holes are close to the next one so you have to look out for stray balls coming your way. took us 2.5 hours to complete. there are bins at every hole too which is great. the course where you stand on each hole to tee off has seen better days but didn't spoil our experience. when we was leaving at 2.30pm there was quite a que that had built up to play.Written September 7, 2022
- Fantastic place lovely park
Recommended stronglyWritten August 20, 2018
- I have just had my belated wedding reception here (after getting married abroad), the staff were fantastic and willing to help, the bar staff on the night were lovely too. The room was as expected and we supplied decorations which turned out lovely, everyone enjoyed the food. Would highly recommend.Written February 24, 2020
- I’ve played Withington a few times and have always been quite impressed apart from last year which was very disappointing due to the greens.
I played it recently and it appears that normal service is resumed. The course was in good condition, very well presented with well defined fairways. The greens were good, true and even paced which is all a golfer can ask for.
I look forward to playing it againWritten May 25, 2019
- Fantastic day at Chorlton. Played for the first time yesterday and found the course to be in beautiful shape considering the hot weather we’ve had. Greens were amazing. Ebay Pete of golf mates fame even stopped to say hello when we told the ladies captain we were fans of the show. Was also very impressed with how welcoming everyone was to us as non members. Ladies captain even bought us a drink for slowing us down a bit with a comp. Lovely. Highly recommend.Written August 1, 2022
- Wayne fitted me for my new driver and the service was awesome. Helped me decide in a few different choices then narrowed it down to the best performing one. Really friendly service and gave me all the time in the world to try my new club. Highly recommended!Written February 17, 2022