- Traveler favoritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveler rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveler reviews.
25 places sorted by traveler favorites
What travelers are saying
- Great for a walk, and a coffee and sandwich in the cafe. Perfect for little ones to run around, and dogs on leads.Written August 3, 2022
- Called in last week while me and my wife were off work. It was a lovely sunny day and there were plenty of people about. Plenty of space to roam about. The hall and tramway was unfortunately closed. But the boating Lake was open and so was animal corner. There was also a mini funfair which was busy. The cafe was open and very busy. This is a lovely park and well worth a visit.Written September 1, 2021
- They’ve tried loads and loads of things over the years to make this a nicer place to visit but so far haven’t really succeeded.
I think it’s fair to say it’s better than it was but I still wouldn’t consider going there in the late evening even though I’m a person who doesn’t normally avoid places.
Let’s just say it’s full of characters!
During the daytime it can be fun for families with the fountains and a nice sunbathing place for the office workers when the Manchester weather allows.Written May 24, 2022
- When constructed the Manchester Ship Canal was needed to get goods to and from Manchester to the rest of the world and it shows how important the city of Manchester was during the Industrial Revolution.
Nowadays the area around the canal has been redeveloped with lots of trendy flats and areas to walk, run and cycle.
Definitely worth checking out if you like a variety of scenery.Written August 17, 2021
- Walking from Burnage/Withington to Didsbury I decided to cut across via the park. I noticed a plethora of activities from an excellent children’s play area , a cafe ( not sure it was open ) nice ponds with ducks , interesting trees and birds and plenty of prams, joggers and dogs on leads. The place had a nice relaxed atmosphere and is much larger than it first appears . Not too wet need to do more steps and got a spare half an hour ? IdealWritten January 18, 2020
- We visited the Donkey Sanctuary nearby and we fancied taking the dog for a little one, and this is just around the corner. The paths around the lake were a little muddy which wasn't great but not a huge problem. The park itself was a nice surprise, good paths and not too busy.Written February 11, 2020
- Much bigger than you’d expect and almost all flat. But still an excellent area to wander through at any time and in any weather.Written July 22, 2020
- Nearly always pop here when in the gay village and came here to see the acts and use the bars and food vans during pride August 2021. Nice little park.Written July 30, 2022
- The visit to the park was something special to all of us, as we could only travel locally.
There was a lake with Canadian Geese on it........there were also pigeons around as well with benches for people to sit down on *** it was nice to get out in the fresh air for a change.Written March 27, 2021
- Wonderful selection of plants . Very clearly labeled . Very helpful staff .No Chemicals .
I asked if there were any Lupins . I was told they would be in the following day and they promised to text me when they arrived which they did .
The shop is amazing and well stocked and a wonderful place if you are looking for a present . I visited years ago and was disappointed but there is a vast difference now. The cafe hadn’t opened when I was there as they were still finishing the new premises where it has moved to.
I also asked for advice as to which climbing plant would be suitable for an exposed position and they were very helpful .
They are also developing a fanatastic kids play area .Written May 31, 2022
- Tucked behind Deansgate, somewhere to relax and contemplate, to breath, or just to eat your packed lunchWritten November 25, 2018
- Marie louise garden is a fantastic smallish green space in east didsbury
Tucked away it’s a firm fave with the wildlife
We’ll worth a visitWritten March 28, 2022
- Nice walk in forest which leads on to the River Irwell.
There are some steps initially although there may be other accessible footpaths.
Free parking. Playground on site.Written January 16, 2019
- We have visited this park a number of times with my 2 young children who are obbsessed with trains. 30p pp is very cheap which allows us all to ride as many times as we want. Love the tunnels as you can stand on top and watch the trains go underneath. There is also 2 play areas for the children to play on. Great Sunday afternoon trip out. Be back again soon.Written April 22, 2019
- In the springtime, this lovely park becomes awash with colours! Lovely place to rest and relax, easily accessible along Oxford Road. Lots of park benches and a few picnic tables. Freshly mowed lawns. Flowers in abundance. What more could anyone ask for?Written April 27, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions about Manchester
- These experiences are best for nature & parks in Manchester:
- A Silent Disco Adventure in Manchester
- MANCHESTER: Yorkshire Adventure - Sightseeing Day Trip Tour
- Private Hire: Lake District from Manchester
- These are the best places for couples seeking nature & parks in Manchester:See more nature & parks for couples in Manchester on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking nature & parks in Manchester:See more nature & parks for groups in Manchester on Tripadvisor