Speciality Museums • Points of Interest & Landmarks
Top Attractions in Ayr
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travelers are saying
- This museum is exceptionally good. Very informative and very well laid out. Really enjoyed listening to the Burns poems and songs.
Yes, it is dark but, as a notice explains, it has to be in order to preserve the exhibits. However it is still possible to read all the information.
We had “free” entry as NTS members but I thought the entry prices were reasonable.
We found the food in the cafe was excellent and good value.
I note one or two adverse comments but we found the staff very helpful and pleasant both in the museum and in the cafe.Written August 24, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Started our cycle from here to come out to Ayr and back via golf course, woodland paths and river. The park has lovely woodland and pond walks with a massive green space we used for frisbee and football.Written June 1, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A wonderful park for all ages. Well maintained and in a beautiful location. We throughly enjoyed our trip here! Parent and child swing was a bonus.Written September 13, 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My grandson had a great time. Play area great for his age (age 6
However...prices have shot up. £10 for his entry. Glad I didn't have more than one. Expensive for a family.
Also....music thumping and way too loud. Does it really have to be this loud. Still could be heard if turned down a good few notches I'm sure. Not everyone's taste so had to endure for 2 hrs!Written January 22, 2022
- Great fun for the kiddies of all ages!
We were on a coach tour. The road ahead appeared to be going downhill, but when the coach was put into neutral it slowed down to a stop rather than gathering speed (which you would expect if it really was downhill) . From a stop, the coach slowly rolled backwards again with the road ahead apparently going downhill... I've seen other 'magnetic hills' and this was the most impressive.
Only try this when the road isn't busy - apparently locals get frustrated by people stopping to try this out!Written July 23, 2022
- Easy to follow route that takes you right along the coast. If you're in Ayr for enough time it's a great way to stretch your legs and take in some local knowledge of the area.Written August 21, 2021
- I have been riding at this yard for three years and I have to say it’s the best yard I have ever been to. The yard staff and instructors are so nice and trustworthy and the lesson horses are so kind and honest and bombproof. I have learned so much from all of the instructors that have taught me and they somehow gave the confidence to jump my first 70cm this year. Honestly would recommend great for all levels of riding!Written September 28, 2021
- Lovely gallery with different spaces & art. Goudie exhibition incredible for Tam O'Shanter story. Set in gorgeous grounds. Great value wee cafe too.Written June 11, 2022
- A great day at the beach. We divided our day between beach-combing in the vicinity of Greenan Castle and doing the same along the Esplanade in Ayr itself. The boys loved scouring the beach for shells and sea glass, and they left with many treasures. The castle itself makes for a nice backdrop. It is bricked up, so you can’t get into it, but it makes for great pictures. The only downside of the day, we’re the dead birds along the beach. Avian flu wasn’t something that we were aware of. It’s not a thing in Canada, as far as I’m aware…Written July 26, 2022
- Just love walking through these doors. The staff are so helpful especially when it comes to a tech novice like me trying to print/scan/ photocopy. Nice sofa's for us auld yins to rest on.Written May 4, 2022
- Just 2 Rooms, but well laid out,welcoming curator, tells of burns time there and other history related to the building.worth visitingWritten June 25, 2019
- Great theatre which is well worth a visit. Show was quite good, but doesn't set the heather on fire .Written February 5, 2020
- Used to love coming here with my parents and brother kicking a ball about in the expanse of space on the low green. Still brings back such happy memories so many decades laterWritten June 19, 2022
- We visited the sunday market it was amazing we got some great bargins and very good price make sure u get there early think it closed at 12Written March 29, 2022
- the beach was nice and clean and no litter to be seen. a nice place to bring the family to for an afternoon outing. sometimes you need to watch out for jellyfish that get washed up.Written August 7, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Ayr
- The best day trips from Ayr according to Tripadvisor travelers are:
- Meet Johnnie Walker - Private Whisky Tour - Cardhu, Cragganmore, Royal Lochnagar
- Culzean Castle and Robert Burns country
- Robert Burns Tour
Ayr Attractions Information
|Local Time||Monday 9:00 PM|